Do you wear long skirts?

Seven Hens Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have had the feeling for a few years now that I need to wear long skirts. I tried a couple years ago, but got teased from the people at work.

Did any of you choose to wear a skirt or dress? How did the people around you react? What advise would you give someone who wants to make the switch?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
My mom did for years but she didn't go out to work in the public in them...she did, however, work in the woods, garden and yard in them. When I wear a skirt, I have one favorite that I like to wear and it is long...it is very comfortable and suitable for nearly all occasions.

I've worn it to work and no one batted an eyelash....of course, by now they know I'm...um...shall I say, "different" than most folks. I don't follow the norms.

I wouldn't give your co-workers another thought...they'll get used to it and will finally stop making comments. Then it will just be part of who you are...

When I decided to let my hair go grey I got it from all sides...people actually seemed a little angry over it, if you can imagine! I let that roll off and went about my merry way and am now enjoying my healthier and slowly going silver hair. :)

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Yes and without comment from those around me. Seems like atrocious manners to comment negatively on someone else's clothing!

Seven Hens Farm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Seems like atrocious manners to comment negatively on someone else's clothing
Yes, horrible manners. It was around the time of Lent so I made up the excuse that I had given up wearing pants for Lent. Even to this day they still bring it up.

Me&The Gals "HI" from Central Wisconsin :frow I live here too!

dfr1973

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have discovered long(ish) skirts are quite comfortable in the summer, especially when the relative humidity is up. Besides that, nowadays I dress to please myself and no one else. I have found most folks have no response or comeback to "I dress to please myself and don't care about fashion anymore." Give that one a try.

Me being me, I'd probably also inform your coworkers that they are immature, insecure, and have atrocious manners ... but I have all the subtlety of a wrecking ball too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not a skirt or dress person but when I do beach trips I do wear a sundress. I love sundresses! :)
great to wear around the yard also when super hot outside

wear what you want. don't give coworkers or anyone else a second thought. believe me the minute you let anyone decide what you want to wear or do in life 'they' got ya. don't allow that. do your own thing!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Seven Hens Farm said:
Seems like atrocious manners to comment negatively on someone else's clothing
Yes, horrible manners. It was around the time of Lent so I made up the excuse that I had given up wearing pants for Lent. Even to this day they still bring it up.

Me&The Gals "HI" from Central Wisconsin :frow I live here too!
Howdy :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Personally, I don't deal all that well w/that type of person. I'd probably be apt to say something along the lines of, funny, I don't recall needing your permission to dress how I want to. I don't tell you how to dress, so why should you tell me?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I wear jeans/pants almost exclusively. I prefer shorter skirts on the rare occasion when I do wear them, not mini skirts, but slightly above the knee. I like dresses and long skirts...on other ladies ;) I just never have liked to wear a skirt really though. It's probably because my mother forced them on me when I was little and then wouldn't let me do anything to get it dirty, so being a tomboy, I grew to hate them :lol: I wouldn't worry about what other folks say or think though. Be yourself, you're better at it than anyone else :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wear two things...dress pants and long skirts. My skirts are all mid calf or longer. Would never wear anything shorter:) Wanna turn heads...trying *covering* in public...now that brings in comments. I have been trying to find a head covering that works, but none of them seem to suit me in a fashionable kind of way