Dragonlaurel's journal- Community Garden

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Laura!! :weee

I'm glad you had a good day!

The lamp sounds very cool, I agree, we need a picture.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Thanks for the birthday wishes :D
I had a really nice day. My hubby had a Dr. appt. so I did the shopping by myself. :weee
He prefers making a list, grabbing that stuff and racing to the checkout.
I like to explore and see what different shops have. Make mental notes of prices at different places, so I know if something is a good deal when I am ready to buy.
I also volunteer sometimes at a thrift shop. I got the jars at that one. Some had just arrived and they weren't priced yet so I asked the manager how much for the bunch. We don't have a canner yet so they will be herb jars and for dry stuff first.

Hint:
Lots of stores only carry canning stuff seasonally and mark them down to make room for putting out Xmas stock. Last time I was in Walmart- canning stuff was in their Garden Dept. That's where they normally put all their tree decorating section . . . Lots of other stores might do it too.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ohh, it looks really cool Laura. What are you gonna put in it?

I love the lantern type lights with holes like that. When I was little my mom, brother, and I poked holes in the shapes of stars and moons into tin cans and attached some wire for a handles and put a candles in them. It was a lot of fun. Kind of funny what memories can get brought up over an image.

I think we still have one actually.

Thrift shopping is one of my favorite things to do, we don't do it enough it seems like. Never know what treasures one could find.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
It's made to hold tea light candles and I lit one in it for the pic so the holes would show. Small votive candles fit too.

Your can-dle holders sound fun too. You are very artistic so I bet it came out nice.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Hmm. Not sure about that, this was many many years ago. Probably random holes in a tin can :lol:

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
You posted pics of some of the stuff you make, so I know you are artistic. Nice gourds and trellis and all kinds of neat stuff.
BTW- your inbox is full.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, I am so sorry I missed your birthday!!! :( Well, happy belated birthday, Laurel!!! :celebrate

I tell you, if you don't pay attention to this place every day, you miss all the good stuff...... :p

Latest posts