Dumpster Diving

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dumpster diving peer pressure.....who would have thought it would come to this? We ought to be ashamed! :rant :D

<just dooo it! c'mon, noone's lookin'> :pop

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
STILL haven't received my Countryside, so go ahead....you can't hurt me now!!!! :idunno :duc
Ok, this is too late, did your scpript expire? If not--the mail delivery person really IS reading it. you need to call and find out where it is.

Mine just expired, they didn't send me a renewal notice either. Double check, and then call them up!!!!!!!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Dumpster diving peer pressure.....who would have thought it would come to this? We ought to be ashamed! :rant :D

<just dooo it! c'mon, noone's lookin'> :pop
:yuckyuck :lol:

thomasz

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just do it if you feel the need The trick is to act and feel as though you belong there dont go sneaking around-- you'll be busted for sure go in like you own it and for the most part nobody will bother you just dont be too long. Works for me!

ChickenTender63

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I used to do a lot of renovations and always had big dumpsters on site to throw things in during clean up and demo days.

I would have people knocking at the door daily asking if they could take something out of the dumpster, and then every night, I could tell people would stop and go through it.

We love it when people take stuff out! Just please don't add to it, because we have to pay for it then. I am glad there are people out there that will recycle this stuff and be happy to have it.

Now, the tables have turned for me some and I can no longer do the work due to an injury. But, you can believe I am going to start going through the construction and remodeling dumpsters when I see them now, there are always treasures in there unless someone beat you to it.

Go get the chairs, and if DH says something to you, then give him a nice kiss and a wink, and it will be ok!

Now, go get your new chairs already and post a pic for us please!:D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You all are NOT going to believe what I did/got! My wicker saucer chair out of the dumpster down the road! My DH is gonna kill me! You all should have seen the nice stuff in there...Oh my I wish my house was bigger, I'd go back. There was some really really nice furniture in there!

Thanks for all the PEER PRESSURE everyone:>) haha

I have a picture but I better edit my license plate # off it first...yup I am a paranoid interent user:>)
23h2kjd.jpg

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
But MC, your building a summer cottage!!Surely you could store some stuff unitl it is finished!!

(go diving, go diving.... peer pressure!!!) :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
You all are NOT going top believe what I got! My wicker saucer chair out of the dumpster down the road! My DH is gonna kill me! You all should have seen the nice stuff in there...Oh my I wish my house was bigger, I'd go back
:weee :weee :ya :ya :ya :ya

I now elevate you to Dumpster Princess and bequeath all my recycling power upon you!!! All Hail Morel! All Hail Morel!!! :ya :ya :bun :bun :bun

Of course, pics are now a must, you know! :pop