East Texas Gardening

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Agreed, but during our mini ice age they were buried under about four inches of ice/snow and -6 F temps for almost a week. We also lost a lot of ornamental plants during that time. Our average lows are mid 20 F.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The weather witch says 82F for us. Just a tad too wet after the monsoon rain we just had to be in the garden though. Maybe Monday I can get the okra, melons and the rest of the beans planted.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got my garden tilled, but has been raining a drizzle. Chomping at the bit to get to planting. Going to rain all weekend.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got another 2.6 inches of rain this morning but everything out there looks good. Little peppers on the peppers, blooms on the Brandywines, more green beans and the first round of okra are just breaking ground. If it ever stops raining I might get the rest of the garden planted.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ouch! Hope they don't get hit too hard.

Last edited:

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That’s great! We were pushing “good vibes ”her way. nice to know something went right. If she’s going to move, now is the time. May not get another chance.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just planted a few butter crunch lettuce and baby spinach in the studio. I'm going to try and grow them under lights and see how they do.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Stuff the chicken coop and run with leaves and your chickens will happily scratch it to bits, poop all over it and make you compost for your garden. Well..... maybe not at two weeks old....... LOL
LOL .... i thought I had retired but the Gov. screwed that up. Now I'm back to looking after myself and starting over. Things will get better for those that know.