Elwood and family's journal of our ss journey

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the dog, was he sick? I know a lot of the time if they are sick sometimes they will go off by themselves.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs sorry bout your dog - hopefully he'll be home soon.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well it has been over a week and no sign of the dog :(
My DW is having a MRI done tomorrow to see if she is going to have surgery on her shoulder or just cortizone injections. She was playing with our teenager and dislocated her shoulder and either tore the cartlidge or sprained the tendons. So she is out of commision for a while either way.
Our chicks are growing nicely. We can't wait for them to start laying.
It has been raining here for that last few days, the weeds are loving it.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well the MRI did not go so well my dw is apparently closterphobic. They are going to try again on Monday.
Today we purchased 26 americana pullets, 10 barred rock pullets, and 4 more Rhode Island Red pullets. They should keep us and our family and friends in eggs.
We picked up a chest freezer at our Church's garage sale today for $20.:D it works great too. Can't wait to fill it up.
Garden is going to get planted tomorrow hopefully.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Those MRI's are tough. I remember laying there for what seemed like 40 hours and thinking.....Did the building catch on fire and they deserted me. When in reality it had only been few minutes since someone had ask me if I was OK. I told the guy running the thing to just whistle every few minutes so I would know he was there. I was in tears by the time it was over. So I feel for your wife. Tell her to make them talk to her.

Sounds like you have a lot going on and your place sounds great.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Wow, good deal on the chest freezer!

Sorry for your wife, I have been there and done that too and it feels like an eternity.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I can sympathize with your DW. I hate MRI's, too.

All those pullets sure should keep you in eggs.

Terrific deal on the freezer. :thumbsup I know you will enjoy filling it come harvest time.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the antique crock that we also got at the sale. Paid a bit for it but it is in wonderful shape.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great finds with the crock and freezer. I hope dw is feeling better. Time to start gathering up all your egg recipes. You will have plenty!! :D