Elwood and family's journal of our ss journey

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello all. I have been absent from this wonderful site for way to long. The last couple of years have been really rough on my family. My wife suffered a heart attack last June, her father passed away in august. We also had some financial difficulities but everything is turning around on that front. The good news is that we are purchasing a new homestead. It has 13 acres, a larger house, a large barn, shop and chicken coop. Hard to start over but that is where we are. Hope everyone is doing well. Will post pics of the new homestead as soon as we get moved in. We close on in it in the middle of May.

Happy to be back.

Chad

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We take possesion of our new homestead on the 15th of May!!!!! Have seeds started in the house now for transplanting soon after moving in. It will be a hectic couple of weeks. Wish us Luck.

Chad

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey Chad,

Glad you ar egetting things under control. Wishing you much strenght in this time of transition.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

daffodil1003

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
countrymama said:
Sorry to hear about your dog. Maybe he just wandered off and will come back in a bit?
I don't understand question

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The house and property are finaly ours!!!!:weee Now to get everything moved.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well we got moved in last month. We bought 6 laying chicks, sadly we lost one. The other 5 are growing fast! Found an ad on CL and bought 15 2 month old RR hens for $4 a piece!! So we should have plenty of eggs soon. My DW is excited we found her a horse. Pick it up next friday. I am busy fixing old fence and building new fence. Anyone close that wants horse manure for fertilizer just let me know!!

Chad

Latest posts