Energy Saver bulbs-They work!

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, play nice. No personal attacks. People can disagree without taking things personally. Just like at BYC, if threads head too far south we'll lock them... I don't think anybody wants that, so please be careful about what you post. I don't want to have to bring over the BYC moderators to keep people in line over here! :p

We're lucky to have a hazardous waste recycling center close to our house. They pretty much take anything you want to dispose of (that is considered toxic) for free.

Colored Egg Farmer

Way Too Many Chickens
Reaction score
Hey that was my opinion and I wasn't trying to start a heated debate. I was just explaining where electricity came from and possibly some benifits. I actually hate it when I go fishing and read that my fishing supplies have lead in them. I rather get a steal weight than have to use lead but you can never find any.

I just saying which would you rather have. Acid rain, and nuclear waists or mercury. Untill they fix how electric is made. ex. solar, wind and cut down on oil, gas, and nuclear I'm sticking with cfl. And with the electric price going up we will definatley get our money back.

Colored Egg Farmer

Way Too Many Chickens
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Yup, play nice. No personal attacks. People can disagree without taking things personally. Just like at BYC, if threads head too far south we'll lock them... I don't think anybody wants that, so please be careful about what you post. I don't want to have to bring over the BYC moderators to keep people in line over here! :p

We're lucky to have a hazardous waste recycling center close to our house. They pretty much take anything you want to dispose of (that is considered toxic) for free.
Make sure you dont have the one with the car in his avatar. Come.... Dont need a gas guzzler comming here :p

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Colored Egg Farmer said:
Nifty said:

Make sure you dont have the one with the car in his avatar. Come.... Dont need a gas guzzler comming here :p
What are you talking about CEF? :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We know about CFLs, how to dispose of them, etc, and we can dispose of them at my hubby's work--they are good that way.

I DO think the consumers need to be made more aware of the risks of these lights, ie, how to clean them up properly, and how to dispose of them properly.

And just becasue they are more efficient, does not mean its ok to leave your lights on all the time. Moderation and common sense.