baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ignorant stupid ass people. Ya' just can't fix stupid.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My wife's less than 1 year old male Rottweiler named "Baby Bear" is huge now. I remember when he couldn't even jump up on the couch. Now he just backs up and sits his butt on the couch. If I'm gone for any length of time, He meets me jumps up and puts his front legs on my shoulders and I'm 6' tall. If I take him with me in the veggie hauler he sits his butt in the passenger seat, front paws on the floor board and rests his head on the dashboard. Good God "baby bear" is like a freaking horse. I said something to my wife about how big he's gotten and she said yes... but he will always be my baby bear.

I pity the poor fool who would want come into the house un-invited. He has a very deep bark that says "I'm a Big Rottweiler"
View attachment 5694

He looks like a puppy to me. Still growing no doubt

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A sheep farmer I know said she gets at least one call every winter from someone yelling at her for leaving her dogs outside. They're Pyr LGD's. They HATE being inside. I asked her if any of the people yelled at her for leaving her sheep outside? They, and the sheep, have a warm bedded barn that they often choose not to sleep in.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nah 20's won't bother them for sure. They do well in those temps. I think people up here get mad when it dips below zero (and they do fine in that too, with a place to get out of the wind and let their paws thaw out).

He might do well if he has a place to get out of the cold that has good visibility. He might not feel like he can see what's going on outside in a doghouse.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He sure is a beautiful dog! Shiny fur, so healthy, he gets lots of love!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Noticed he has a prong collar on....does it work for what you use it for? My sister used it for her dog and it never really worked, but she kept using it. Not sure why.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Noticed he has a prong collar on....does it work for what you use it for? My sister used it for her dog and it never really worked, but she kept using it. Not sure why.

It works if it's high on his neck up by his ears but he shakes it down his neck to where is almost on his chest and ineffective. Pictured is way to low on his neck to be effective. My wife move it up by his ears before she hooks the leash to it. Then she short leashes him while walking .If she didn't have the pinch collor on him he would pull her all over the place even short leashed. We take it off of him at night and put it back on him in the morning.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
She ever watch any Cesar Milan? He's got some great vids on YT and such on how to break a dog from pulling on the leash. It really works!

I tried it one time, briefly, on my sister's dog and they didn't have to use that prong collar anymore, which wasn't working anyway...and this was after she had already caused rotator cuff surgery on my 6'4" BIL by pulling him over an embankment and did the same to my sister, resulting in a bad ankle injury. She's part Newfie, part Visla, so big dog with a hard head.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My internet service sucks, videos are start, stop, circle, start, stop, circle, start, stop, circle.....you get the picture-coz I sure don't! So @Beekissed can you give me the description of what the video says? I am now training our new pup, and he will be a big dog. Right now he is gangly, clumsy and cute. Soon he will sharpen up on that and the cute will go away. I don't like ill behaved dogs and want to do my best for him.