FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
She didn't fail the test, just didn't her rear in gear in time to get to the exam center before they closed.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
She didn't fail the test, just didn't her rear in gear in time to get to the exam center before they closed.
She may not want it...I would count my blessings and not push!! DD didn't want hers either. I made her though, because I needed the help. If you're in the position to not push though, I'd SOOOO let it be up to them when they are ready. DD 13 already is looking forward to hers :rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
From the time when they were little, I was "instructing" my kids about driving. I'd tell them when we were driving why I'd do certain things. And my daughter started to drive off road b4 she ever drove on the road. She'd drive out on the farm. Sometimes, she'd drive my truck thru the fields while a couple of us threw hay out of the back for the horses. And, she always drove safely. But once she got out on the road, for me at least, it was a WHOLE nudder story! She was going much faster, and she tended to drift over to the right. The streets around here aren't that wide. And, there's things like telephone poles, mailboxes, trees and ditches along side of them. She never went off the road though, and I managed not to get gray hair in the process.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
She may not want it...I would count my blessings and not push!! DD didn't want hers either. I made her though, because I needed the help. If you're in the position to not push though, I'd SOOOO let it be up to them when they are ready. DD 13 already is looking forward to hers :rolleyes:
uh, she has been frantic about getting it!!!!! We missed the closing time because she spent an hour "getting ready". :rant Coulda been there and back in that time.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
From the time when they were little, I was "instructing" my kids about driving. I'd tell them when we were driving why I'd do certain things. And my daughter started to drive off road b4 she ever drove on the road. She'd drive out on the farm. Sometimes, she'd drive my truck thru the fields while a couple of us threw hay out of the back for the horses. And, she always drove safely. But once she got out on the road, for me at least, it was a WHOLE nudder story! She was going much faster, and she tended to drift over to the right. The streets around here aren't that wide. And, there's things like telephone poles, mailboxes, trees and ditches along side of them. She never went off the road though, and I managed not to get gray hair in the process.
:thumbsup
Same here with the gentle guidance. The past year I've been asking "why do you think I just did that". She has declared she wants me to help her learn, not Mom. I recently asked her why - her response was "mom put all the dents in the vehicles".

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
SHE PASSED THE WRITTEN TEST and now is the proud owner of a temporary permit.

I don't whether to :ya or :hide or :hit

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Yep, I guess I deserved that... :lol: