FarmerJamie - A new beginning

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You may very well be too busy with the move to do a garden. But, don't forget... If you get into a place before fall, you can do some unconventional gardening: stick some seeds in a flower bed. Many veggie plants are decorative in form and color. a hay bale can be conditioned to provide an instant growing bed in 2 weeks. Set that up near a water source, and you've got a full season's crops: greens, herbs, or tomato and cuke with no digging involved. Hydroponics: Once a Kratky system is in place, you don't even need to water it! And it can be as simple as a coffee can or 5 gal. bucket.

I wish you the best with your property search. Don't forget: seek the unconventional in that regard, also. foreclosure properties can be a great steal. Look for the neglected property that is in a nice neighborhood. Buying and sprucing up such a place gives you INSTANT equity. B/C property values are based on neighborhood as well as the individual piece of property. With all you have on your plate, you would not want to take on anything with structural issues. But... a piece of property that just needs landscaping, paint, and minor repairs can be a fantastic bargain.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
received_1465965393563161.jpeg

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am tired. Mentally, emotionally, physically. So much swirling around.

But its Friday and we are taking my son to visit my eldest and her husband tomorrow. Maybe that will perk me up

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Weekend trip was great. All 3 kids, the wife, and I will be meeting up at the eldest's at the end of the month to sort through boxes of stuff their mom dumped on the eldest. A mix of junk and family memorabilia.

Heard red winged blackbird calls tonight while pumping gas. Spring is coming