Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Why is it that people have trouble eating fresh homegrown foods but, not the old stuff in the stores? Don't they realize where the store food originally comes from?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Please try not to barf on your key board while reading this. :sick

Hog brains and scrambled eggs, now that is some good eats. What? Banner sausage isn't too bad if you don't mind organ meat. Oh and the question, "whats that taste" :lol:

While looking for ingredients for banner, I came across this video. As I listened, I started to howl laughing towards the end, this guy was really mad. Warning before watching, it does have some bad language in it. I had to wipe the happy tears from my eyes and catch my breath afterwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RNb3tt0LM

I make my own sausage from better cuts of meats than we use to when I was growing up.

My Mom use to simmer chicken bones for stock as well.

Do you think if people saw on a larger scale, how meat/poultry production farms work/conditions, there would be more people like us? I think so.

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OMG!! That was so FUNNY!!! :lol: :gig He's got a point though. I'm tired of paying the same price for less food.

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
I was raised on fast food as well. My poor hubbie laughed so hard when I told him I was grossed out by meat on bones :gig
He asked "where do you think it comes from?"
Now, my mom brags about how well she cooks, but the only thing I ever remember her making was what I thought was home made bread. She ruined that for me 3 years ago when were were shopping together and she got excited because the frozen dough she used to buy to make that bread was in the freezer section again! :lol:

So, I have learned to eat meat that has bones . . and I want to learn to make stocks and soups and can them. That, I believe would be a great skill. Then we can branch out from just egg-laying hens to raising meat birds as well. :)

It is tougher than you might think, to learn to eat real, fresh food when you have been raised on the junk. Good food definately does not taste the same.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I know it is tough, but give it a little time and try to fix things different ways.