Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The last sale that our grocery store had on canned veggies was 2 cans for $1, and that was the store brand.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was just wondering about the price of bacon in the store. Around here it's running about $5 (for 10-12oz pkg) to $7 (for 1 lb pkg), how much for anyone else?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Koxxx, that is what I was paying here about a year or so ago. I can't believe the jump. I did find a store that would occaisionally sell it in bulk (10lb box for $20=$2 per lb) and I took a chance. The first time I bought one, it was great with a harwood smoke & I was sorry I hadn't bought more. I recently found it again and bought two. This time I was disappointed that it was way too salty (atleast one of them were, I'm hoping the other isn't so bad) I wonder if I soaked it in some plain water if it would draw out some of the salt.....

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have resorted to shopping for the bacon ends and pieces :he

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Shadey Brooks Farm turkey bacon, i buy it when on sale 2/5.00 in 12oz. package.Normally it is $3.49 12oz...

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I have resorted to shopping for the bacon ends and pieces :he
I do that too & have noooo problem with it as they are still bacon just in smaller pieces than strips & much cheaper too. I'll do whatever it takes to fill our baconholic need :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bacon went up for us in early spring. You can get some of the lesser quality stuff on sale 2 for 5 to 6 bucks. But anything with meat on it or thicker than paper runs 5 to 7 dollars and I don't think the package is even a pound any longer.

My husband is in love with the medium thickness bacon we got from our fair pig. I averaged out at 3 bucks a pound on that.

g

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Here it's 7.98 for a 1 lb package... for a decent brand.. I did find one brand for 5.98 and bought it.. but most of them were 7.98.. If I find any on sale in the future I'll have to pick up a few extra and freeze..

Latest posts