Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We get good quality bacon cheap from our local slaughter house. I'd like to try and can some. They had a new way to in Backwoods Home I thought was neat, may have to try it.

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Last time I bought bacon (a couple weeks ago) it was $3.99 a pound. Good stuff. But I'm looking forward to getting my pig at the end of the month.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
i was planning on stocking up anyway. Now to figure out a way to keep hubby out of the peanut butter! He is terrible and has no self control. i will have to sneak it in to the house when he isnt looking. :p

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dang, Mark, where do you find these things?? Pessimists R Us??

Better get to the store tomorrow...my dogs go thru a jar a week (bedtime snack: frozen PB in a kong). :rolleyes:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think we have 5 unopened jars in our pantry, that should be okay we dont use that much.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
you can set up google to alert you if a news story breaks with certain keywords. shortage, inflation, etc...

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
you can set up google to alert you if a news story breaks with certain keywords. shortage, inflation, etc...
Sweet. I'll have to check that out.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Heard about the peanut butter thing. Have 2 new jars I got last week, but thinking I'll get another 2-4. It's usually only me that eats it. Kid has a reaction (not really allergic, but boy it makes him hyper!).

Starting next year, we're going to start making our own almond butter. Possibly also sunflower butter.

Lots of good deals around the holidays. Already planning how to use my grocery money for November and December ... pumpkin puree, veggie oil, spices, turkeys and hams, cranberries, flour, sugar, salt, etc. Will also stock up on rice, oats, pasta. Also vinegar (because that's the kind of cheese I make).

Anybody else planning their holiday grocery shopping around sales ... for stocking up?