Food Prices, Shortages & Inflation - The Trash Index

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hummm how much butter can you get from a quart of heavy cream?

Funny story. When we were in Mo. My dh was shopping with his uncle. Uncle called the house and said WM had butter at 1.50 per pound. My Aunt asked for 20 lbs and I got 10. So my dh gets up to the cash register. He had 30 lbs of butter, 100 rounds of shot gun shells and two cases of beer. The cashier looks over their stuff and says "You boys goin fishing?" :lol:

I should have bought the whole refrigerator load!! :he

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Yup. Butter prices have gone insane. It may be cheaper to just by cream and churn it my darn self!!
just grab a jar and shake it baby! whooooot!

:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
He had 30 lbs of butter, 100 rounds of shot gun shells and two cases of beer. The cashier looks over their stuff and says "You boys goin fishing?"
:gig

Did hubby say "Here's your sign!"???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fishing with 100 rounds of shot gun shells?
pretty stupid cashier -- not really outdoors type huh?
:p :lol:

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I gave up sugar 3 years ago so no worries there. It might be a good excuse to built some top bar bee hives for many folks though.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't make a conscious effort to not use sugar, but I realized the other day that I have a glass cannister of sugar that I almost never use; I made some sticky-buns that call for cinnamon-sugar, & I couldn't remember how long ago I last used it. :D

But, I'm sure I buy things with sugar already in it, so you know the price of that will be going up... :(

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Yes, it will. Another reason not to buy processed food though :D

Just read this...
"So to sum up, we have:

Rising commodity prices, the effects of which (because of hedging) will be felt most severely in the period JanuaryMarch of 2011.

A beggar-thy-neighbor race-to-the-bottom Currency War, that might well devolve into a Trade War, which would force up prices on imported goods.

A Federal Reserve that does not seem to know what it is doing, as regards another round of Quantitative Easing, which is making the financial markets very nervousnervous about the Feds ultimate responsibility, which is safeguarding the U.S. dollar.

A U.S. economy that is weak to the point of collapse, where not even 0.25% interest rates are sparking investment and growthand which therefore prohibits the Fed from raising interest rates, if need be.

A U.S. fiscal deficit which is close to 10% of GDP annually, and which is therefore unsustainableespecially considering that the total U.S. fiscal debt is well over 100% of GDP.

These factors all point to one and the same thing:

An imminent currency collapse. "
http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2010/10/signs-hyperinflation-is-arriving.html

Latest posts