For women only please!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Brown and tan paisley here!!! The tinkle pads can be any color, so they were much more fun to sew.

Yep, I hear ya on the OCD thing....no one will ever see mine, and they are PERFECT! When my friend wanted the other style, I kept asking.....are you SURE???? Cuz I don't mind making them the other way.....Well, the "perfect" ones were too thick and stiff for her, and she raves about the other ones.

The other person is a guy and he just won't discuss it.......period! :lol:

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Got back from the trip, but not before nature decided to give me the heaviest cycle in a long long time. But even though I spent the days either walking miles and miles, or sitting in a car for hours, the homemade pads were so awesome! Kept the used ones in ziplock bags and they washed perfectly. I just carried everything in a canvas tote bag that has a zipper. So in the hotel I brought in the whole bag, and no one noticed. Especially because there is no conspicuous "crinkle crinkle" noise from the plastic pads! Actually ended up talking about them to my roommates because they were into homemade natural stuff, so it was generally a good trip.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That is one of the nifty things about fabric pads. They actually are less conspicous (sp?) You can stuff one in your pocket and no one notices. Even held in your hand, no one knows what it is, since people don't expect that bit of fabric to be a sanitary pad. And they come in handy for other emergencies too, like wiping up a spill, or washing a bit of dirt off your knees, while you are out and about.

Southernbelle

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
http://verybaby.com/patterns/patterns-for-women?SID=d1094623a0a41b5f3b1fa0fd86b3c59b

This is a unique pattern I've used before. This site also sells PUL and snaps. I have all that stuff leftover from sewing cloth diapers for my kids. My favorite cloth pads of mine are ones I copied from a sample given to me.

I've also ordered from www.lunapads.com

I tried the Keeper, but prefer my homemade pads

Store-bought maxi pads give me what I can only describe as diaper rash so I must have some reaction to whatever they put in them :sick My kids used to react to disposable diapers, too. :/

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:welcome

Is that pad in the link made with velcro? If so, it is very similar to the ones I made as incontinence pads for a friend. I want to make a set for myself, and get rid of the ones with the snaps that tend to shift unless I add a safety pin.

Then I will also be ready as I get older and need the tinkle pads! Kinda like Bee! ;) :lol:

Lil Chickie Mama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am making some now and I'm using the design from Kayla's Cloth Kits but after making one I'll see if it needs to be modified. I have a whole bunch of PUL that I ordered from Kids in the Garden bargain area so I'm good to go. I also am making diapers from Kayla's Cloth Kits but that wasn't a free pattern, I had to pay for it. Anyway, I'm just using the cheap white PUL for a liner, recycled flannel sheets for a few layers of soaker, and hook and loop tape for the closure.

Oh, and I bought Instead Softcups but I don't know if they work or not. I bought them for trying to conceive and I don't think I want to use them for AF, but I might try one next time just to see if it works. I've heard a couple of bum reviews saying they don't stay in place or that they leak (even good reviews said they leak) but many people seemed to like the diva cup. HTH

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also got my pul from Kids in the Garden, but I had not seen a bargain section! If I ever need more, I know where to look!

I have also heard good things about the Diva cup. Even normal tampons give me horribly strong cramps, so that's out for me. I'm still loving the ones I made, and looking forward to seeing how they wash with my homemade soap (100% lard!)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
freemotion said:
:welcome

Is that pad in the link made with velcro? If so, it is very similar to the ones I made as incontinence pads for a friend. I want to make a set for myself, and get rid of the ones with the snaps that tend to shift unless I add a safety pin.

Then I will also be ready as I get older and need the tinkle pads! Kinda like Bee! ;) :lol:
Ha Ha free :rant :smack

:lol: