Free's piggie thread...new pics p 19

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, and Wildsky, I did think of that and checked CL, but really need to get something that will accomodate them as they grow. I also really need to build it once only..... sigh..... :rolleyes:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Really, BBH? Wow! I guess with all that body mass and the warmer temps, he is probably quite comfy. I figure mine will be ok in December in a simple hut since they will have each other.

OK, calming down. If worse comes to worse, I can alway make a quick tarp house for the babies and build the A-frame by the time they shred the tarps!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We have a friend who has a couple of old dog houses that might work for a while anyway. I could check dimensions for you. We could bring them up in our truck.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wow, really? Cool! Keep me posted! The next couple of days or so will be really critical as to whether it is possible to get something built here in time for piggies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Wow, really? Cool! Keep me posted! The next couple of days or so will be really critical as to whether it is possible to get something built here in time for piggies.
Emailing him right now to see if he's still got them. :cool:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Pig house is halfway done, maybe more! Woohoo! Nothing like throwing a full-out tantrum (Warning: Use this powerful tool rarely and with extreme caution. The blades dull quickly with overuse.) to get things done....dh took the morning of from work, and he and my dad met at 8:00 AM and got started with the wood shopping, even coming home with free pallets in the borrowed truck.

They found 5 sheets of T111 for $15 each! I found a gallon of "wrong color formula" siding stain for $10. Bargains galore today. And the house is taking shape. It will be ready for pigs next week....the babies will be ready to go on May 19th....as long as we get another day or two without rain. Rain is supposed to start tonight. Blech. I start working weekends THIS weekend.

Here is my first attempt at using photobucket:
Picture003.jpg

ETA: Wow, it worked! How cool is that! This is what we got done today (I use the term "we" very loosely!) and still need to add more bracing, back wall, front wall/doorway, the roof metal thingy, and paint it. Oh, and add a couple more 2x4's to the pallets that it sits on to strengthen them for full-grown pigs.

Latest posts