Free's piggie thread...new pics p 19

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Pig housing is almost finished, pics later. I'm going to try to get it stained today before going to school to teach. There will be some trim pieces to stain later, but I'd like to get the bulk of it done so the smell can subside before young pigs sleep in it.

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I didn't take apart the pallets for my chicken co-op... I used two tied together for the floor, one for each end wall, and two for each side... then got 5/8" CHEAP D-grade plywood ($9.99/sheet) and sheathed the whole thing... I think it cost about $50 total for the plywood and the screws. (it's 3 feet x 8 feet) and took me about 10 hours of work to complete well enough that the chickens could live in it. (but I built it alone).

I love your pig teepee :) I'd like to get a few next year and that looks super easy to build... great job!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Free I can't wait to see the pics of your pig hut. Great job!!!

Hwillm... I tried building with my pallets that way but the whole thing was so darn heavy. I could not really do it alone. On my hillside the pallets kept falling before I could get them situated.

Maybe next time.

gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I just realized that I did not post updated pictures of the pig house....but the piggies are getting delivered on Wednesday morning so I will take lots of pictures then....Woohoo! BACON!!!!! :weee

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I just realized that I did not post updated pictures of the pig house....but the piggies are getting delivered on Wednesday morning so I will take lots of pictures then....Woohoo! BACON!!!!! :weee
Hello Bacon!! I had farm raised bacon from our CSA last summer. Oh man....... :drool