Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hope everyone is and stays safe and well down there!
Thanks! I'm becoming more relaxed about it as time goes on. I think we'll be ok. Even if it tracks further west, towards us, we're as prepared as we can be.

I'm feeling lucky and blessed - but heartsick because I know what's coming for our neighbors to the east. :(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just read a report and it sure looks like people in LA are going to be underwater, again. Then, there's the power gone.....it will be desperate.

I know Operation Blessings, based here, has already sent several trucks loaded with supplies -- and some of these are food kitchens, to feed people. I know when Andrew took out Homestead, Fl, way back -- there were NO places to cook, buy food, etc. Those roll-in kitchens were a blessing, for sure!

I feel really, really bad for any with animals and no way to move them! Back in '05 when the floods happened, several in a horse club I was part of took empty trailers to help move livestock...transport to high ground, etc. Devastating is not adequate for words.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You are so right. We've been hit hard before but never with storm surge. Lots of rain and high water and bayous flooding but while we get muddy as hell we don't flood. Those folks are in for a really rough time. Lives, human and animal, will undoubtedly be lost. :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are saying a storm surge of 15 to 20 FEET high in areas of Louisiana. It's going to be a bad hurricane.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's my plan: I'm going to sleep darn good tonight! I'm not going to even think about two more systems for at least a couple of days, lol. Glad my preps are all done.

Now I'm unprepping:
First thing was to put the brownies in the freezer. No storm, no more brownies.

Next: I put the goats back in their original areas.

They're looking at me like I'm nuts for all the goat shuffling - but that's the way it is right now. I need to start thinking about some breeding pairings. Have a couple to think about. Mostly - how is Chester the pygmy going to reach the Nubian does? Dilemma!

Stress of the last few days is catching up and I see an early bedtime in my future.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here's my plan: I'm going to sleep darn good tonight! I'm not going to even think about two more systems for at least a couple of days, lol. Glad my preps are all done.

Now I'm unprepping:
First thing was to put the brownies in the freezer. No storm, no more brownies.

Next: I put the goats back in their original areas.

They're looking at me like I'm nuts for all the goat shuffling - but that's the way it is right now. I need to start thinking about some breeding pairings. Have a couple to think about. Mostly - how is Chester the pygmy going to reach the Nubian does? Dilemma!

Stress of the last few days is catching up and I see an early bedtime in my future.

i only see chances of, but no actual storms formed yet...