Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I dunno about the salmonella issues... but they are darn tasty eggs. Takes 3-4 to equal a hens egg though. I might try them to make mayo... but DH never eats homemade mayo - he's a Hellman's guy.

When I cook quail - I usually fix 3 for DH and 2 for me. That's plenty for a meal. They are really tasty too - so that helps. I like 'em marinated with honey and OJ and wrapped in bacon... oh my...my mouth is watering now, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So yeah....first thing this morning I repaired the weak spot that the boars found to let themselves out of the pen that I put them in yesterday. Thankfully the bucks didn't wanna crawl under - so they were still confined. Whew...dodged a bullet on that one!

Getting harder and harder NOT to 'plan' some breedings. Trying to stay strong, lol!

Covered some of the round bales this morning. I'm gonna need more tarps!

Haven't even tried to move the boars again...it's HOT out there - and this was supposed to be such a nice weekend. Yep - the humidity is a little lower but .... I need about 20 less of those degrees!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yuck FEM! That's still too warm (although with low humidity, it's not as bad.) But how do you get such a high heat index if the humidity is that low?
Today was a beautiful day, low 80's slight breeze, low humidity. I don't know what the night temps have been, but our windows are open, ceiling fans on, and we added a quilt to the bed for the cool temps during the night. SUCH good sleeping weather!! :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had to turn on the boiler at night! 35 here tonight, then 80 by Wednesday. Yo-yo weather for sure! Not envious of 95 though. Yuck!