Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Hey y’all- it’s been a minute since I posted. Been busy trying to keep DH alive. Close to a month ago his doc prescribed a new drug for him called Farxiga. If you know anyone who is on it please tell them to run away from that drug! If you care to look up the side effects you might get an idea of what we’ve been dealing with. If you are a guy you might notice one side effect in particular that makes you cringe. That particular side effect has been the most prominent and life threatening. I was told last week that he might not make it home.

It’s been the worst thing we’ve ever gone through. Worse than his cardiac bypass, worse than his eye surgeries, worse than diabetic ketoacidosis, worse than car and motorcycle wrecks…

He ended up becoming septic from the infection that set in. His liver, kidneys, lungs and heart have all shown at least some of the negative effects. Hopefully they right themselves.

He has been receiving a triple antibiotic cocktail that is supposed to be the strongest weapon against MRSA an necrotizing fasciitis. Than goodness the cocktail is finally working.

We started at an ER last Monday and we’re given oral antibiotics and sent home. 😡. In the wee hours of the following morning he tried to get out of bed and couldn’t support himself. Called 911 and were transported to a smallish (but associated with a large hospital group) ER.

On the 3rd day there they sent us to a large teaching hospital in Galveston where we’ve been for the last 6 days.

He’s still very sick, but finally got out of bed yesterday so at least his attitude is better.

We’re hoping for release by the end of the week.

This hospital is nearly an hour from home so I leave here after he’s had lunch, rush home and tend the animals, shower and rush back to the hospital. My poor critters- especially the dogs.

To say I’m exhausted would be the understatement of the century, but it’s all worth it to be able to get him home.

Right now we’re on the 11th floor in a hospital along the Gulf of Mexico under a tornado watch! Nothing but excitement!
I really really didn't need to look up those male side effects. Cringe is an understatement 😬

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks y’all, we sure appreciate it. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy! They said maybe home by Friday but I’m hoping for tomorrow. We shall see. I have forbidden him to spike a fever!

We just took a brief walk up and down the hall. Respiratory came by just as we got back to the room so they stuck an 02 sensor on him and his sat was 93! A few days ago he was dropping to the mid-eighties just lazing in the bed. Last night was the first overnight without oxygen and he’s had none today either. Earlier in the week they thought he’d need to go home on oxygen…😞. Looking now like he won’t need it. 🤞

When I went home to feed this afternoon I just happened to walk past the tubs I stuck potatoes in last week. There are green sprouts - yay!

Hope to finally get my micro greens set up when we get home too. So much I want to do but really don’t know how much, if any I’ll get accomplished.

Fingers crossed that I get to sleep in my own bed soon!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Thanks y’all, we sure appreciate it. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy! They said maybe home by Friday but I’m hoping for tomorrow. We shall see. I have forbidden him to spike a fever!

We just took a brief walk up and down the hall. Respiratory came by just as we got back to the room so they stuck an 02 sensor on him and his sat was 93! A few days ago he was dropping to the mid-eighties just lazing in the bed. Last night was the first overnight without oxygen and he’s had none today either. Earlier in the week they thought he’d need to go home on oxygen…😞. Looking now like he won’t need it. 🤞

When I went home to feed this afternoon I just happened to walk past the tubs I stuck potatoes in last week. There are green sprouts - yay!

Hope to finally get my micro greens set up when we get home too. So much I want to do but really don’t know how much, if any I’ll get accomplished.

Fingers crossed that I get to sleep in my own bed soon!
Yes, good news!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey y’all- it’s been a minute since I posted. Been busy trying to keep DH alive. Close to a month ago his doc prescribed a new drug for him called Farxiga. If you know anyone who is on it please tell them to run away from that drug! If you care to look up the side effects you might get an idea of what we’ve been dealing with. If you are a guy you might notice one side effect in particular that makes you cringe. That particular side effect has been the most prominent and life threatening. I was told last week that he might not make it home.

It’s been the worst thing we’ve ever gone through. Worse than his cardiac bypass, worse than his eye surgeries, worse than diabetic ketoacidosis, worse than car and motorcycle wrecks…

He ended up becoming septic from the infection that set in. His liver, kidneys, lungs and heart have all shown at least some of the negative effects. Hopefully they right themselves.

He has been receiving a triple antibiotic cocktail that is supposed to be the strongest weapon against MRSA an necrotizing fasciitis. Than goodness the cocktail is finally working.

We started at an ER last Monday and we’re given oral antibiotics and sent home. 😡. In the wee hours of the following morning he tried to get out of bed and couldn’t support himself. Called 911 and were transported to a smallish (but associated with a large hospital group) ER.

On the 3rd day there they sent us to a large teaching hospital in Galveston where we’ve been for the last 6 days.

He’s still very sick, but finally got out of bed yesterday so at least his attitude is better.

We’re hoping for release by the end of the week.

This hospital is nearly an hour from home so I leave there after he’s had lunch, rush home and tend the animals, shower and rush back to the hospital. My poor critters- especially the dogs.

To say I’m exhausted would be the understatement of the century, but it’s all worth it to be able to get him home.

Right now we’re on the 11th floor in a hospital along the Gulf of Mexico under a tornado watch! Nothing but excitement!

:hugs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How awful to have to go through this bad reaction to "medicine" that is supposed to help him. What an ordeal, I hope y'all get to go home soon. This was too close for comfort.

AstraZeneca faces a growing number of product liability lawsuits over the side effects of Farxiga, indicating that the diabetes drug caused plaintiffs to suffer a serious and potentially life-threatening, flesh-eating infection that attacks the groin and genitals.

RARE side effects​

If experienced, these tend to have a Severe expression​

• A Systemic Inflammatory Response Called Sepsis Due To An Infection With Bacteria
  • Cancer Of The Bladder
  • A Complication Of Diabetes With High Blood Ketone Levels Called Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • A Metabolic Condition Where The Body Cannot Adequately Use Sugars Called Ketoacidosis
  • Excess Body Acid
  • Acute Kidney Failure
  • Pyelonephritis, Infection And Inflammation Of The Kidney And Renal Pelvis
  • Decreased Kidney Function
  • A Broken Bone
  • A Type Of Allergic Reaction Called Angioedema
  • A Hypersensitivity Reaction To A Drug
  • Pancreatitis
  • Urosepsis, A Bacterial Infection Originating From The Urinary Tract
  • Necrotizing Fasciitis, A Condition Where Deep Tissues Die In The Area Of The Genitals To The Anus

A broken bone? WTH Gee, did Farxiga throw everything at your DH except a broken bone? The drug company knows this poison pill does this to people, but gets FDA approval? Corruption. :somad