Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew - I'm tired! We had some wind this morning, but not as bad as was predicted so I've been outside most of the day. I went to Home Depot yesterday and picked up some cinderblocks to try and rebild my raised beds. They are currently not so raised and are more like barely raised mounds lol. Home Depot was kind enough to use a fork lift to load them in my truck - unfortunately they wouldn't let me bring it home with me so I had to unload them by hand today. Wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fun either. They are now in the raised bed area waiting for me to get busy. It was pretty grown up in there so I tried to get the push mower going. Nope. Didn't happen. I even had some starter fluid that I sprayed somewhere. I wasn't really sure how to use it but I took off the air filter and sprayed the starter fluid into whatever openings I could see, lol! It would start - but wouldn't keep going. ARGH! This is a mower that my son gave me for Christmas a couple years ago so I can't call him and -itch about it. He actually put a brand new carburetor on it last year and it did ok for awhile. Now it's all mucked up again. I hate engines.

Ewwww - found a nice gift from one of the dogs this morning. Whoever went out to potty last yesterday evening caught a possum in the hen house. There was still a possum in the hen house when I went out - but it wasn't playing possum. It was dead, dead, dead. Ugly critter too... ugh. Makes my skin crawl. But, what good girls I have! No idea which dog killed it, but pretty happy that it's dead.

Just checked my step counter and I'm at 3 miles for the day. That's enough for me, lol!

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It definitely was a workout and I'm feeling every minute of it. Weed whacking...oh yeah I weed whacked the raised bed area too. Weed whacking kills me! How do people do that?

Need to put out a new round bale in a day or so. I'll scrape up the remnants of the old one and that'll give me more hay to mulch with. I'm determined to whip this garden into shape!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya know, all the time spend getting gardens weed free and you look at a few Utube things and theirs aren't so....I don't mean totally overgrown but ain't perfection. :lol: cardboard was great last year and I'm collecting it from jobs now, for this year. Some of my feed comes in bags I can use, saving those. At least the paper decomposes!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Agree - weeds happen! I'll NEVER have a weed free garden, lol. If I don't do something though, the weeds would literally smother out everything. I live in a tropical jungle ya'll! Without intervention Mother Nature reclaims it in half a heartbeat.

DH has his second pain injection this morning. Sure hope it works better than the first one did because he got zero improvement. Ok, maybe a tiny bit of improvement that lasted a couple days. Nothing more... :(

Should have new babies within a couple days. The last of the season I think. Still have that one "maybe" but pretty sure she's open.

Nothing else exciting going on. Lather, rinse, repeat...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that DH feels better! It's the first pain relief he's had in 8 months! I sure hope that it continues. It would be a horrible teaser to give him a couple of days of relief only to have the pain come back several days later...

I hit 3.3 miles today. Woo Hoo! I started this morning with normal chores. But, I had to put out a new round bale. That's always fun and the goats are so excited! It takes a bit of "doing" on my part. I have to move the goats out of the area so they don't get squished by the tractor. I got the old stuff scraped up and the new one put in its place. Got the panel around it and let the goats back in.

Back at the mulching, weeding, planting garden stuff. I'm afraid I"m going to run out of room this year. It's february for goodness sakes so why am I feeling that it's time to plant warm weather stuff, lol? I need to wait and see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Need to get dinner going. One of thoe "rare" dinner menus. HOT DOGS! Only the kosher ones though - not eating no chicken lips, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad the shot is helping this time and hoping it lasts!! Mom had shots in her knee, didn't help but a few days each time, so we quit them. Not sure the meds involved. Sure hope this relief continues for DH.

More garden space? You go girl! 🤣 :celebrate