Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep - agree with all of the above. He has two sets of the containers - both separated into AM and PM. @FarmerJamie - I use a spread sheet too and it's also separated into AM and PM meds. I check them off as I put them in the containers. It helps me immensely. I set out all the bottles of meds and as I use them I put them back in the container he keeps them in. I feel like all those safe guards are necessary for me!

Set out some more broccoli plants today.

Texans lost... :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
a friend of ours who was gradually getting worse and worse with dimentia, right before she had to be put into a care home, well she took all her meds at once for an entire week and then put change in all the days. she did have someone coming in once in a while to help her out and for some company but that was not enough. she was able to live in the care home for about a year but now they had to move her to a more strict place because she was calling the police all the time claiming that people were breaking into her apartment and stealing things. no more phone for her. :( Mom has been trying to talk to her for the past several months and that has not worked because when Mom called she'd say she would call back and then doesn't. so... pretty much a friend of most of my life is now gone. :(

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Busy day so far, but tomorrow will be busier! Occupational therapy in the morning and two doc appts for DH in the afternoon.

I met with my financial advisor this morning. Making a few changes and also had to update beneficiary info.

Physical therapy came later and put DH through his paces. He's sooooo out of shape and being in pain doesn't help any. But he's got to do this!

Moved some goats around too. I put the old buck out with the mature and mostly pregnant does. If he's still able he can do clean up for anyone who may not be preggers. That meant I had to put some of the younger girls in an different area. Got that done. Decided that the hoop shelter for the other bucks needed a new roof so now it has a brand-new tarp on it. Now they should actually have rain protection with no leaks. Hope they are appreciative, lol.

Need to figure out something for dinner. :idunno

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I take about 100 pills per day. Here's my hack for when pill cases aren't big enough. And for on-the-go - can't count how many times a pull case popped open in my purse or when dropped. (I tried them all... ALL)

I use 4 oz screw-top containers. Color-coded - one for each time of day that I take pills. When I leave home, I put them in a zipper case I found at a thrift store.
20231128_192006.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@frustratedearthmother how are you holding up with your new schedule? How many of DH's appointments are in-home?
Hanging in there! Thanks for asking!

We had two doc appts. yesterday that we went out for. Home health is sending in PT twice a week and OT once a week. It's awesome! Monday we have two more doc appts. One with the podiatrist because he ripped a toenail when he fell recently. Diabetics don't need foot wounds. The other is with the cardiologist.

We got over 3 inches of rain today! The pond loves it! Whoop!

Before:
IMG_5664.JPG

After:

IMG_5678.JPG

It's almost as full as it can get. Ground water is filling it up as fast (or faster) than the rain did. I put the pond in a natural low area and it looks like that was a good place.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW! Look at that beautiful pond! Here come the frogs and spring time tadpoles! All it needs now is a weeping willow tree!

I got cuttings of curly willow from a friend, would you like a couple? From pictures, they are cool looking trees.