Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mine is above the stove, but I like it, lol. At least I liked it when it worked. Doesn't take up counter space and it has a vent built in it as well as a light that shines down on the stove. If you want I can come place hands on your microwave - guaranteed to break down and need to be replaced shortly, lol. :hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I’ll stick to the Bahia.
Me too!

we knew it was happening anyways
:hide

Geeze, yesterday I had to move horses, move goats, move horses back, open gates, close gates, open more gates. I must've gotten up and down off that tractor 50 times yesterday. And, that's a big step up! I got two of the bales unloaded and will finish the last one this morning. I sure get my exercise oving the bales.

These are nice big bales also. My trailer is 6 x 16 and when those bales are loaded there's only a couple inches clearance on the sides and about the same to shut the back door. But, I don't have to strap 'em down since they're inside the livestock trailer. I paid $70 apiece and am thrilled considering that other folks were charging $100 or more for smaller bales. I love my hay guy.

DH is off to a follow-up cardiologist appt. Made a med change a few weeks ago so we like to pay really close attention to those. Don't need a reaction like he had last year! He's still got major issues with his back, but very gradually he's able to do a little more. He ran the weed-whacker for about 5 minutes yesterday. It's a start!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The car show was great - except we were in the shadiest spot in the park. Who wants shade when it's 50 something degrees with a lot of wind? However - it all turned out ok because DS won his class at the car show! Whoop, whoop! 1964 El Camino

1668297363507.png

Tomorrow is the field trip to look at some extra mouths to feed. Oh well... I'm under twenty and I'll still be under twenty if I make a purchase. I'm ok with that, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL! I love it! But, I can understand needing to build up your breeding herd. Ya can't breed 'em to sell if you don't have breeding stock.

I only came home with two. Cute little things too. And, they breed year round so I'll try to be patient. I want October babies so come May they can meet the boys and start earning their keep.

Riviera:

1668376158827.png

Winifred:

1668376217966.png

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks ya'll! I kind of like 'em myself. Yes, they are full Myotonic. Their breeder has just earned her certification as a Myotonic judge. We spent some time going over them and critiquing their structure. I showed Pygmy goats for many years and our club put on several judges training classes. The scorecard for Mytonics is close - but not quite the same as for Pygmies.

They are really nice girls but they both have faults. For instance Winifred - yes she does look very alert. That alert look is at least in part a result of her ear set. They are upright and at attention. And it's a fault in Myotonics, lol. Who knew? The other goat has ears that meet the Myotonic breed standard. But, I agree - the upright ears are prettier. But, I mean, nobody sells their BEST goats, lol. But, I'm ok with 'em. I probably won't get back into showing, but who knows?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that the guys got the living room textured yesterday. There is still some popcorn scraping that needs to be done and then they can texture the ceiling and paint. The dining room and kitchen is already scraped. There is still the dreaded popcorn texture in the hall that will be done next time they're here. Then no more popcorn ceilings (downstairs anyway). YaY! I've hated them forever!

They had taped off the windows before spraying the texture so I asked them to leave it so I don't have to re-cover the windows when I paint. That will save me some time and effort. But, I guess that means I need to get serious about painting. Totally ugh! Haven't painted in years so I need all new equipment. I'm thinking about investing in a power roller. My shoulders are pretty susceptible to overuse injuries so I think it will be a good investment.

At this point new window coverings might be in my future also. I mean, why just spend a moderate amount of money on this re-do when I could go whole hog and spend a ridiculous amount? I haven't done much to the house in years so I think it deserves a bit of a facelift.

Got the cucumber trellis secured and have seeds tucked in. Also built a little bed out of concrete blocks outside the privacy fence, along the drive back to the pasture, and put some winter squash seeds in there. Hoping it will take advantage of the fence for a trellis. If it doesn't do it the easy way I'll add some wire supports for it to climb. I gave up an entire garden area for a goat pen this year so I'm scrambling for places to plant things. The original plan was to cut back on the garden but that doesn't seem to be happening. I shoulda known better, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I honestly think he's an entitled rich kid who works for daddy and he still wants more, more, more! He's very good at what he does and he overbooks himself. But, for me to be sitting here 3+ weeks into this project is absolutely ridiculous.

Even if he does finish up today and tomorrow, as promised, MY work won't even be half over. I still have to put all the trim back and paint the walls. (He's definitely painting the ceilings.) Not looking forward to it but whaddya do? One day at a time, right?

I've already bought a power roller to speed up and simplify the upcoming painting process. New window treatments will be next. Crazy ridiculous prices there! I've got big windows. Oh - and DH ordered us a new washer/dryer combo which will be delivered Thursday. Simply bleeding money here, lol. Good thing we've got goats, gardens and chickens - at least we won't starve, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - so tired! Woke up at 3:30a and could not get back to sleep. Out of bed at 4a and started working on my living room. Twelve hours later I'm pleased to say that it's really,, really close to being clean and back in order. So much dusting, mopping, wiping and cleaning. Furniture is back in place and rug is rolled out. I wouldn't be embarrassed to move my furniture in front of anyone, lol. That room is clean. Everywhere. Behind things, under things, tops of things... The only thing not complete is DH's desk. He wants to put it in a different spot and HE still needs to clean it off. I refuse to touch it (yet) lest I disturb something important. He says he'll get it done tomorrow. Yay!

Ripley is working the drive thru window today. "May I take your order - we're running a special on hay."

1682809132576.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Going to try and rejoin the land of the living. A very good friend who lost a child told me that you just have to go through the motions - fake it until you make it in other words. Trying...

Son-in-law, Jason, is coming in this weekend with the grands. Can't wait to see them again. I miss them terribly. My 15 yo granddaughter and I have been talking a lot. She needs that and so do I. It's almost like talking to my daughter when she was a teen...heartbreaking and comforting at the same time.

The heat is still horrific. No rain in sight. Garden is gone, pasture is suffering. Only decent side effect is that my house is cleaner than it's been in a while. Nothing else to do...

I've been trying to work on freezer cleaning/organizing. Took several bags of veggies out and dehydrated them. DH and I have been cutting down on our meat consumption and concentrating more on salads, veggies and beans. We've both dropped a couple pounds. I don't miss meat in the summer even though I'm carnivore for sure in the winter.

I need to pick up grain this morning and a few groceries (snacks mostly) for the grands this weekend.