Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness - so tired! Woke up at 3:30a and could not get back to sleep. Out of bed at 4a and started working on my living room. Twelve hours later I'm pleased to say that it's really,, really close to being clean and back in order. So much dusting, mopping, wiping and cleaning. Furniture is back in place and rug is rolled out. I wouldn't be embarrassed to move my furniture in front of anyone, lol. That room is clean. Everywhere. Behind things, under things, tops of things... The only thing not complete is DH's desk. He wants to put it in a different spot and HE still needs to clean it off. I refuse to touch it (yet) lest I disturb something important. He says he'll get it done tomorrow. Yay!

Ripley is working the drive thru window today. "May I take your order - we're running a special on hay."

1682809132576.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
All that wind we've had all day musta done some damage here. Our power has been out for almost 4 hours. Elec company can't even give an estimate of time to repair. Ugh. We started the generator a while ago but we're about to shut down everything and get to bed. Thankfully, it's cool and breezy (low 50's) so should be comfortable sleeping without AC. Hopefully wake up to power being restored.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Power went out at 6:15p and came back on at 2:30a. Normally I love hearing my LGDs as background noise in the night. I know they're keeping everything safe. However, when there's no normal household noises and the windows are open - their loud booming barks are a tiny bit more annoying than reassuring, lol. Power coming back on is another wake-up moment. But, between 2:30a and 8:30p I slept. Haven't slept that late in a long time. It was good, lol.

Hope to finish up DH's portion of the living room area today. I've still got an antique trunk and a couple of side tables in the dining room that need to be cleaned up and put back in the living room. My dining room has not enjoyed being a storage area. Next step - I need to pick up some primer to get started on these walls. I'll need to move all the furniture again when I start painting. Thankfully, I'll just slide it away from the wall a few feet instead of moving it to another room. Sounds like fun, huh?

Sat outside for a few minutes yesterday after the power went out. I've got tomatoes that are planted in buckets lined up along the driveway in front of the garage. That's also where we sit when we are in the front of the house. The tomato plants create a little privacy in that area. As I sat there looking at the plants I noticed that I've got baby tomatoes on the Black Cherry plant!!!! I'm so dang excited! Haven't seen a bug yet but I'll still cover them. I planted some "bait" tomatoes in the garden in the back of the house so maybe they'll keep the bugs back there and they won't come looking for these.

I'm pretty sore from all the furniture moving yesterday. Motrin and coffee - breakfast of champions!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not finished with anything. Interruption after interruption! Got the new washer and dryer delivered and installed Thursday. Noticed Saturday that it was way too hot and way too humid in the laundry room. So humid that there was actually water on the floor. ARGH! I managed to pull out the dryer enough to squeeze behind it. Couldn't see anything wrong so I stared feeling around in places that I couldn't see. Underneath the exhaust hose/pipe thingy is a big ol' hole. Looks like it musta ripped when they moved it...Ugh. I "could" replace it myself but I'm not going to. Monday they will be back to fix it. Ugh.

We cancelled our satellite TV and went with antennaes. Got two of the three hooked up and running but the TV in our room is older and the power supply didn't fit. It's like the end of a phone charger cord sooooo my geeky DH fixed it up where it will work on a USB charger for a phone. I was impressed, lol. And, I'm saving $180 a month on satellite. The three new antennaes were $180 total so equal to one month of satellite. Savings equal around 2K per year. ARGH - can't believe I paid that for so long... :(

Finally got all the components for the aquaponics and I'll be planting in the grow bed today! Excited about that. Really hope I don't kill everything involved in this process - like the fish and the plants.

Picked out a couple more goats to list and hope they get a change of address. Almost out of hay too. Need to contact my hay guy and see if he's cutting yet or if he has any left from last year. If we don't get any rain I'll start letting the goats out to browse for a couple hours a day.

Pulled most of the onions and need to pull the carrots. Carrots will need to be canned and that'll put me more behind on house stuff. I did at least buy the primer we need along with rollers and brushes. Just need to find some time to start the process. It will happen... not sure when...but it WILL happen! (notice my pep talk to myself?)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got two basil plants and two lettuce starts put in the grow bed. It's been a few hours and they're not even dead yet! I'm so impressed.

Got back into cleaning and organizing again. Have a few things put back in place and a few more cleaned and ready. Cleaned all the pictures that need to back up on the walls eventually. Dust and mop - mop and dust... but I repeat myself.

Also have a dehydrator full of onions and a big bag ready to go in when the first batch is done - probably in the morning. I did all the slicing and dicing outside so it doesn't smelll too terrible in my house. But walk into the garage and oh wow - major onion breath. Yikes!

Time to feed the critters and then get back in and hit the shower.

Ugh, 92 degrees today. :th

Latest posts