Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Smooth is the way to go--so you can push your future walker around to go feed the goats. :gig
Something about that sounds so soothing, calming and relaxing, lol. I'll need one of those walkers with a basket attached so I can stack all the buckets of feed in it. :clap

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't outlast them, but karma got them nonetheless.

Karma is the only *itch that I love, lol!!! It will definitely have the last word.

Tractor won't start -- been an issue in past & "think" bad ignition switch, getting one today -- and riding mower didn't start because I had left key "on" :he Lots left undone yesterday. Did get a doz T-posts pounded in along a fence line.

Dontcha hate it when that happens. The ignition on my tractor is going to probably need work...when you turn the key the whole unit turns...gonna have to fix that before it becomes an issue...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Something about that sounds so soothing, calming and relaxing, lol. I'll need one of those walkers with a basket attached so I can stack all the buckets of feed in it. :clap
Yeah, the really nice ones have a basket to put your stuff in and a seat so you can take a break between the house and the barn.....:lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OR ..... you can get a motorized one and pull a cart :lol:

YEP -- my switch turned, also. Then son "secured" it -- don't know, maybe glue?? -- then it worked 75% of time. Now, nada!! Battery shows good, fluids all good....etc. No sounds, clicks, raaataaatat, nothing.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well - no matter what I get - it'll definitely need mud grip tires! Supposed to rain for the next 2 days. :he :( :hit

Awaiting another kidding. "Should" be today....but to be safe I'll say "within 24 hours" we should have another birth. Have two more does due within the week....about to be a lot more mouths to feed around here!

I've been holding piglets (hard to call 'em piglets when they're getting so darn big) for three weeks now - I'm about to be done with that! If he doesn't get them real soon(!) they 're all getting pitched out to pasture and I will harvest them when I'm darn good and ready! Tomorrow would be a good butchering day...cool and rainy with a high below 60.

Fast approaching total burn out here...So sick of my animals having to live in mud and muck. I don't know how they keep any measure of health in these condiions.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good luck with the kidding! Hope all goes well.

Bummer on still holding the piglets. Have you heard from the guy? I had a Craigslist disappearing act myself last week. Sick of people like that!

Burn out? Yup. Yours is mud, mine is ice and snow. It's -10 windchill here right now. BLEH!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
SHOULD have three pigs leaving today. That will leave me with a young boar and I'm ok with that - the PLAN is to harvest him at about 9 months.

On another note - never underestimate the greediness of a pig, lol. There's a boar in my trailer right now that will be hauled away to his final destination next week. Hopefully, Tuesday. Gotta call the processors and see if they can take him then. They only accept on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Guess I better get out there, in the rain, and check on the doe that should be delivering soon. Think PINK!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, it has been "a day!"

Loaded a pig in the trailer, delivered triplet bucklings, sold piglets, ran the tractor into the new trailer lol! Don't tell DH! I was 4-wheeling it in some really deep mud and was aiming to go between the trailer and the barn. Somebody forgot to tell the tractor that when you turn the steering wheel it's supposed to go in that direction! I blame the foot deep mud - it just didn't let the tractor turn. Not the tractor's fault - it TRIED to do what I asked it to. But - no harm done. And, we put the crate with the piglets in the FEL and drove it straight to their truck - it made all our lives a whole lot easier.

Two more does are due this week. Hoping for a little pink here! I'm not totally bummed about the bucklings because I won't want to keep them. I made some folks a group deal on 5 males last year for $250. Might do the same thing this year! Debating on pulling and bottle feeding so I can move them on out - BUT - what happens if they don't sell? I'm stuck with 5 bottle babies? Guess I could do a little co-parenting and at least teach them to take a bottle but let them see mom once or twice a day so she will still love them and they can still nurse if I can't bottle feed. And/or I can go ahead and wether them and let them stay on mama and butcher them. Decisions, decisions!

Right now the only decision I need to make is what to put in my belly. I'm showered and ready for some food and wine!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, great - just great. It's spring break and I've been waiting forever (or since last spring break) and what happens? It's rainy, it's cold, windy and I woke up sick this morning. Yay for me! I felt it coming on last night...head plugged up, throat and ears hurt, chest is tight and a juicy cough. I'm so stinkin' pi$$ed off right now. Two more does (at least) to kid this week. Took my vit C - triple dose and turmeric and have hot tea going on. I WILL kick this today - that's all the time I'm giving it. Ugh.