Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:mad:bad timing sickness! I used to get sick every vacation when I was teaching. So annoying!

Umm btw... Baby pictures?:hide

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I live, barely. Been a rough couple days. Got dehydrated - that was not fun. Had a cup of tea and 1/2 a rootbeer in two days. Stoopid on my part, but just couldn't force anything down. Coughed until I puked - more than once - that was not fun either! But - was able to get fluids going this afternoon - under threat from DH. He did the pinch test on my skin and was trying to drag me to the ER for an IV - uhhhh NO! But, gotta admit I feel better after a couple coconut waters and some Bai's. I love those things. Thank goodness no births during all this.

I promise I'll get pics of da babies. (Unless I relapse tomorrow-ugh) Can't though - figure I'll have a birth by then. I barely checked 'em tonight and nobody seemed 'imminent' - thank goodness. But, I have two does that hit their 145 day mark this week. One was today and one is tomorrow...doesn't mean it'll happen then, but it's when I start watching them more closely.

Gonna finish this cup of ginger tea and go to bed. Figure I've been in bed about 40 of the last 48 hours. Geeze, no wonder my back hurts!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ughhh I was afraid you might be in rough shape. Drink! Being dehydrated doesn't help anyone!

Ok I'm done lecturing. I do hope you feel better today, and perhaps those does would be kind enough to wait for you to feel better before kidding?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still shaky weak, but loads better than the last couple days! I even had a flu shot this year and look what happened. UGH

Peeked out the window and could see the doe that's closest standing up with her head in the hay rack so I'm not going to rush outside. I'm working on a cup of fresh ginger tea. I tell ya - that stuff is wonderful for easing a cough. I NEED to not cough anymore because I swear my chest is going to explode!

I was supposed to haul off Mr Pig this morning, but that's not happening. I think I can do it Thursday. I need to call and verify. I'm still a little on the fence about which one to butcher (even though one is already loaded and ready to go). I've loaded he smaller male - but he's also the most aggressive breeder. Not at all aggressive in personality. The other guy is massive! He's not any taller, but he's longer and much wider through the shoulder. I think he'll put more meat on his babies. My only hesitation is that I want to breed a hog that meets the AGH standard. This guy is probably pushing 300 lbs. Just a guess - I don't have a scale. Oh well.. I guess I'll breed hogs that meet MY standard, lol.

My other plan for today was to go pick up bags and bags of soil, and compost and stuff to fill up the tubs that I bought and get some things planted! Again, not going to happen today - but it's still on the list. So many plans - so little accomplished. :( But, it will happen says the eternal optimist - eventually.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, that sounds awful for taste! But I'm sure it works. LOL

Sorry you are so rotten feeling. My daughter has been fighting something this week......bad cold, a flu, some kinda crap. Bless her heart, she's gone to work everyday!! Felt badly but tolerating whatever it is all day, then collapses at night. At least she only has 2 cats & 2 dogs as "livestock" but her 14 yr old dtr has been down 4 days with "it". Probably where it came from, SCHOOL!

I stay away from anyone who even looks like they are thinking "sick"... I burn my mouth with Listerine before & after any public outings, hoping to have a less than desirable area for germs to live. Gotta function, too many to feed/water to be sick. Esp without backup.

I have things undone, don't worry, it will wait for you. Mine does. Winds 35-40 sure limits what you can do. That 2500# of lime sits waiting for me to get it out. Too windy AND too much rain at one time. After tomorrow, I can put it on wet ground and it will dissolve right in place.

You are pushing your "time off" but, it will work out eventually. Might be a couple weeks with your saturation now........don't stress. Just say "glad I ain't shoveling snow" like those rascals up North. :cool:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm up and around, out and about today. Moving slow for sure and for whatever reason, the powers that be decided to teach me a lesson. Yay! Ok - so it was the goats that decided to teach me a lesson - but by golly I taught them one in return. Bucks decided they were hungry when I came through the gate with their feed. While I was latching the gate all four of them decided to stick their heads into the bucket that was hanging off of my arm totally pulling me off balance. Take 4 bucks, a big old mud puddle, being off balance in rubber boots that are too big anyway and it's all a recipe for disaster. But, soft mud doesn't hurt when you fall in it - and the goats learned that mama can get up pretty fast and chase them the he** away from that bucket of feed spilled all over the ground. I let the chickens have ALL of it and didn't give the boys any... oh my I was annoyed and let loose a few words that made me glad nobody was around.

Then I decided to take the cast off the broken leg goat. Took me an hour I swear - and in that hour she learned to stand very, very still. Mama isn't playing today! Not so crazy about the way her leg looks. And she's limping on it already. Guess I need to put her back in a small pen for awhile.

And because I said I would get pics - I got pics!

upload_2017-3-14_15-38-26.png

upload_2017-3-14_15-39-5.png

upload_2017-3-14_15-39-43.png