Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So -- we know goats have NO manners!!! Boys of any species are often challenged, so 2 strikes!! I would have made them wethers -- what a lesson! :cool:

Mud IS softer, also what a dammmmed mess!!!!!

The new kids are adorable!!

You must be feeling better as you punished those boys, instead of just crying! :lol:

Tomorrow has gotta be better. Have some wine, I am. It does help calm your emotions...and often a nice nap follows. Things are looking up.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was too mad to let them off without throwing things and smacking them around some. They usually have much better manners - but one of the does had gotten out and was with them so that added another level of crazy. They won't soon forget their lesson, lol!

Had another birth today - F1 Mini Nubs. And - DOELINGS!! Two of 'em. Woohoo! Should probably have two more births tomorrow - if not tonight. But, if it's tonight, they're on their own. Checked 'em a few minutes ago and they were hanging tight for now.

Count is 6 bucklings, 2 doelings. Hopefully, the ratio will even out tomorrow....

Think I mighta, sorta overdid it today. :( Will have wine and head to bed.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can just picture you going crazy on those bucks! LOL Sometimes you just have to teach 'em who the boss really is. Get better soon.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I had saw you were sick earlier. I would have chimed in with my advice: elderberry syrup every few hours. It works better than Tamiflu in studies.

Hard headed boys will be boys will be boys. Of course my male kids are all the 2-legged variety but still makes me want to run around and say bad things often, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grrrr - why didn't I think abut elderberry syrup? Duh - flu brain I guess.

Finally gave in and went to urgent care clinic yesterday after literally no sleep the night before. Had to stay awake just to breathe - it was a struggle. Very short of breath just walking across the room. Chest x-ray, breathing treatment, cough syrup with codeine and a brand new shiny inhaler... I hit the jackpot of flu and bronchitis. I had a flu shot, but tested positive for the OTHER flu - the one the shot obviously didn't prevent. Inhaler makes me ARGH...shaky and funny feeling - but at least I can move air in and out.

Hiney, the ND doe gave birth to triplets while I was gone. She popped 'em out just fine, but somehow one of 'em never made it out of it's bag and was gone when I found her. Doeling of course - ARGH. So, she's left with b/g twins. They are cuties and as soon as I delete some pics off my phone I'll post some of them. Red, the Nubian gave birth to twins early this morning and guess what? 2 BUCKLINGS.... So far we are at 9 bucklings (1 doa) and 4 doelings (1 doa).

Guess who started coughing this morning - yep - DH. He can NOT get sick - but it looks like he's gonna. He has an appt. with his opthamologist tomorrow that he NEEDS to go to. I need to find him some elderberry syrup.

Oh - almost forgot. Dropped off Mr. Pig this morning. He did NOT want to get outta the trailer. I wouldn't want to make that jump either if my legs were as short as his. Took two guys to literally drag him out - I felt bad. He's been such a good pig... :( In a week or so I should get a good taste! I'm excited!

Need to go start a pot of beans. Trying the "more fiber" diet today, lol!