Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I pulled a rotten trick on my dogs yesterday. Don't we all wonder what they'll do if we are hurt? So, I'm walking through the yard towards the back door. Gracie, (English Shepherd), and Cowboy, (Anatolian) are following me. I drop to my knees and end up flat on my stomach making some little moaning sounds. Gracie about had a cow! She laid down right at my head and wormed her head under my neck and was lifting my head off the ground. Cowboy came over and stood over me and Gracie started growling at him. I could almost hear her telling him to back off - goats are your domain - but the humans are mine! I still think she'd make a great service dog. Wish I had time to concentrate on her.

Went home for lunch and gave the triplets a bottle. They do try to nurse mom, but when I checked her she barely has anything. I'm going to keep her with them and let them keep stimulating her and maybe she'll start producing.

Pygmy guy is doing really well. His tummy was full! Woohoo! Think I'll name him Chester, lol!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
And you say I'm busy. Hrumph.
So glad you're feeling better, my cold was probably a mild case of the flu (I did feel like I had a really low grade fever one day, I just couldn't get warm), but I don't get the flu shot either. No clue where I picked mine up.
Glad you're doing well with the babies, and I'm so jealous of your pork! Sounds delish!!!!
Hows the granddaughter? I was in a full leg cast, past my ankle, once, and they did let me use crutches, but then I had been using crutches for a while already so I knew how. I just had to hold my leg forward to get around, which was awkward, but doable for a kid. Hope she's close to getting back to normal!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Updated kid count:

11 bucklings
6 doelings

Ugh!

At least two more does to kid - and I think I've decided that my PITA Nigerian doeling is bred too. But probably won't kid until June-ish. However, I could be wrong. It's happened before. Rarely. LOL!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So many boys! Lol!

Nigerians are kind of all a PITA aren't they? Lol.

So, how's the doeling with the broken leg?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Seriously! I even had a Nigie breeder agree with me! They're very important, and they won't let you forget it! The does anyway, the bucks are sweet.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm already sick of bottle feeding babies, lol. Not that I don't love the babies and it's so sweet to bottle feed - it's just the time (that I don't have) that it requires. I don't want to drive home every day at lunch to feed. I don't want to have to go to the barn right before bed. I don't want to have to get up earlier than I already do.... whine, whine, WINE!

But, K'ili - mama Nubian - is coming into some milk finally! I looked on the calendar and she actually delivered at day 140 when she's always gone closer to 150. So, knowing that, I'm really not surprised that her milk was slow coming in. Problem is that she loves her babies and watches over them, but she really doesn't want to stand for them to nurse. HOWEVER, this morning I did hold her and let the little doeling nurse. After the baby latched on she was pretty patient and let her nurse awhile. She must've got a good bit because she didn't even want a bottle! YAY - now if I can get the two bucklings taught all about the ninny my life will get easier. I'm not sure she'll have enough milk to raise all three of them, but I wouldn't mind just supplementing with a bottle or two a day if necessary.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fantastic she's getting milk! Yeah I'm not into bottle feeding either. I know, people have reasons for doing it but all of my goats are dam raised and they're all super friendly!