Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gosh...it's always so hard to describe what something tastes like, lol. But, personally it's not so much like chicken to me. The meat is darker and richer (and a little drier). Lots of folks wrap them in bacon to counter the dryness...or you can baste them. I like a honey/soy sauce glaze. I've done them with an orange/honey glaze that I loved, but DH doesn't like fruit with meat. There's as many ways to cook 'em as there is with chicken...One person I used to give them to fixed quail breast and dumplings.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will not get sick....I will not get sick...I will not get sick! So, there...this cough that keeps bothering me is NOT sickness. It's just a tickle.

Today is my last work day until next week! Yay! I've got so many plans, and I sure hope I get to follow through with at least some of them.

Had a doe in raging heat last night.... so...ummmm...what did I do? I tried to get one of the short bucks to cover this big ol' rangy Nubian doe - but I don't think it happened. Probably not a terrible thing. I'm still milking this doe so maybe I should just milk her through and skip breeding. She is paying her way with milk....she doesn't haveta have babies this year. I bred her to the Nigi last year and she really had some purty, purty babies. If I bred her back for Nubian babies I'd have to breed her to her dad. So, I guess I could breed her to the Kinder....the only reason I hesitate is that he throws so many buck babies. But, on second thought - that might be a good thing. Wether 'em and eat 'em!

Mom is not having good thinking days lately. Yesterday she thought I was her sister. She seems to be getting more confused every day. :( Dad, on the other hand, seems to be getting stronger. We took him off of his statin drug and he is staying awake more and walking better and talkative, talkative, talkative. He seems more aware that mom is severely impaired. I had to help her undress and get her gown on last night. He kept thanking me for helping her. Except for his physical challenges he's pretty much altogether and he's 4 years older than her. His worst mental issue is just being forgetful.

Going to start working on T'giving dinner tomorrow so there's no stress Thursday. I was hoping to have a mid to late afternoon meal, but the only way my son and his wife can come is if we eat at noon. DiL has to work that day starting at 2p. Sometimes I hate Wal-mart. She needs a new job.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They could've given the staff a holiday for that day.. Really. Glad to hear your dad is doing so well and big :hugs for you and your mom. Look after yourself and don't get sick!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I refuse to get sick! Hot shower this morning got things in my head/chest loosened up. Now I'm paying the price in tissues, lol.

It would have been nice to have Mon/Tues off this week - but I can't complain because we get nearly 3 weeks off in Dec/Jan. My last day to work this year is Dec. 13....and I don't come back until Jan. 3. It's a nice break that the entire college staff looks forward to!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter is sooooo looking forward to her Christmas break too. I don't think she could work a 8 to 5 job. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got up and got going this morning... It's nearly 10am and I'm STILL the only one out of bed in my house - sometimes that annoys me, lol!

But, got things started for tomorrow. Sweet potatoes are baked, sausage-veggie mix for the dressing is done - eggs are boiled for deviled eggs and everything else. Turkey is NOT thawing at the rate I want so it's in the sink with water right now. Ham is just hanging out waiting for tomorrow. Mashed potatoes are instant, :hide and will cook quickly tomorrow. My son and DIL are the ones who insists on them, (because they don't eat stuffing or sweet potatoes) and they LIKE instant potatoes - argh. I bought a chocolate pie - again for my son - but I totally messed up and put it in the fridge instead of the freezer - so I hope it's still edible by tomorrow. If not - he'll have to eat pumpkin cheesecake. We're keeping it pretty simple this year. I really get upset when I cook for days and days and we sit down to eat for 20 minutes, lol. I'm not gonna kill myself this year. I AM going to try to recreate mom's over night fruit salad. And some green beans...I'd rather have Brussels sprouts, but I'm trying to please the group.

Totally forgot to milk last night... not really so much forgot as I took some of DH's cough syrup with codeine and passed out before I could get outside and do it. These girls are easing off on the milk production and I'm guessing that by Christmas they might be over it. We will see...maybe...maybe not, lol.

Little garden is coming along. The first batch of peas are up...kinda sketchy...but a decent amount sprouted. All the other plants look good. They're enjoying the cool weather as much as I am.

Got a few more things to accomplish so I gotta get to em. Happy Wednesday folks!