Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The good stuff about being inside is that he's protected from all the badness that being outside brings! I've had to treat my bucks for lice - so he'd probably pick some up too. 'Course I'd dust him real good before putting him out there. Then there's all the other boogie bears like coccidia and parasites that I don't want him to have to deal with - even though he will have to eventually. He does need to try and build a tolerance and that's what his breed is s'posed to do. I'm hoping the weather will get better and he will go out this weekend. :fl

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hope so too! Yeah... Parasites ugh! Kikos are fortunately pretty darn tough!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conan is adorable. He's looking to be picked up -- you can just see it! Hmmm....slightly spoiled? Cute little face, too.

The dog -- looks like a cross between a greyhound (body) & a deer (head). What a pair of ears. :\

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Conan is a spoiled mess, lol. But while he does like to be picked up - he likes his bottle even more!

I do like unique looking dogs.... the Xoloitzcuintli hairless version - I LOVE! (told ya I like unique)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Conan is just getting cuter and cuter :love That dog though… goodness, different is great, but those ears!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not a lot going on these days - and that's a good thing!

We've got tiny little tentative signs of spring around here - YAY! I have noticed buds on shrubs and trees....the apple trees next door are starting to look green! My bushes at the end of the drive are putting out tiny little leaves too. They will, hopefully, be covered in white flowers in a couple of weeks.

A couple of my FF's are making little udders - they're so cute! These little gals are pure mutt being a cross of Pygmy, Nigerian and Nubian. Smaller does for sure, but hope they will learn to be mini-milkers because I'm not sure what else I've got bred. I'd like to get them milk stand trained and then offer them for sale. I know that Cocoa is bred. She's an F-1 Kinder and will easily milk really to a gallon a day on twice a day milkings. Not sure I'm going to commit to twice a day though. And, I'm guessing that I'll have some fall babies since I have a buck running with the gals right now. We shouldn't have a shortage of milk.

I have really got to make a better effort to catch the Kinder buck that's with the gals. I only intended to let him stay with them for about a week. He has other ideas. ARGH.

I'm planning on phasing out my smaller goats. I'm definitely selling the Nigi's. The Nigi buck I have comes from a fairly "famous" herd and he's beautiful and makes pretty babies - but he puts tiny little teats on his daughters and I'm not happy about that. So, he's first up on the "for sale" list. Still gotta get things dried up around here before I want any potential customers on my place....guess I could always arrange to meet 'em somewhere...

And, drum roll please, DH's sight is improving every day. He's really pleased and SO. AM. I! Great timing too because he starts back to work next week which means driving again. His eye doc that we love, has moved to another practice so I guess we'll be switching to the new place too. The new practice that he's with has several offices and one of them is much closer to us - hoping he headquarters out of that office. I'm totally OVER driving in to Houston every time DH needs a check up.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yay! Seeing is good! Lol

Are you focusing more on kinders? I wish I was closer, I would love a kinder! Sounds like good goat plans!