Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am focusing more on the bigger goats - Kinder and Kiko with Nubian still in the mix. I hope that within several generations that I might have a bigger, meatier, milkier goat that serves several purposes. I have found over the last couple of years that most of my customers are of certain ethnic groups and they like the bigger goats. Young goats - but bigger goats.

I think there will always be a market for the cute little guys, but it's a real pain to keep them separate. (even though they are much easier to handle)

(But by next week I might change my mind and go in a totally different direction, lol!)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now you've got me talking goat-I brought up my conundrum on my journal!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds good to me! Will you get a kiko doe too?
I've tossed it around - and I may - but it will be a little down the road. I really want to do the crosses with my Nubian does. My fantasy is to have moon-spotted Kiko looking goats, lol. Wouldn't that be a hoot!?!

(Having some kiko does to cross my Nubian buck on might be fun!)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So glad that your sweet husbands eyesight is better! Poor man has had a tough time. Of course that means you have too. Conan is adorable, I’ll bet there will be a market for his kids.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sitting in the doc office waiting to get my shoulder looked at and a referral to an orthopedist, hopefully, for a cortisone shot....ugh.