Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hell to the NO! But, I just looked up a pic of my future doc and I might have to be very strong....cuz he's purty and I might not want to say no, lol! And, my internist kinda hinted in that direction - but he don't know nuttin! Just gimme the cortisone shot and let me go on about my bidness! Really... a shot and I'll be good to go.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had this same shoulder issue a couple of years ago and did physical therapy. It really did help - but I don't think it would have unless I'd had the cortisone shot first. Gotta get that inflammation out of there! My mistake this time was thinking that it would go away without major intervention. I took 800mg. of Ibuprofen 3 times a day - for about 3 weeks. While it did dull the pain somewhat I was never able to really get it to the point where it was ok to do the exercises without causing MORE inflammation and pain. So, I'm going to literally beg for the cortisone shot and promise I'll do the exercises on my own and hope to avoid not only surgery, but PT as well. I actually enjoy PT, but I've missed so much work lately with DH and my parents that I feel like I'm being a terrible employee.

Went to see mom and dad yesterday and took them some goodies for Valentines day. They appreciate the little things so much. We're starting dad on some physical therapy to try and get him better balance and strength...hoping to lower his fall risk. I talked to the physical therapist and told him that the AL facility moves him in a wheelchair because they prefer that he not use his walker because he is a fall risk - but on the other hand how is he to keep his strength up if they don't allow him to walk? ARGH!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yuck on the shoulder. Our pediatrician had shoulder surgery and she's been out for ages, sounds like it's a pretty tough recovery. Hope you can avoid that!! Hard to deal with the animals with a bad shoulder too.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Took my first dose of prescription pain med and muscle relaxer last night - 'bout 10 minutes later it came back up - YUCK! I'll try it with food tonight - don't even want to attempt it today at work. We're already short-handed, lol!

Got a text from the owner of the AL place where mom and dad are just a few minutes ago. Seems my dad had a little temper tantrum last night and punched a (female) caregiver in the mouth. I AM LIVID! I want to go up there and give him a whooping! Of course, he wouldn't remember what he did last night - except it seems he's still a little pissy this morning and won't shower. That's all I need is for him to get kicked outta there! There's literally no where else for him to go. If he pulls this again they will refer him to a geriatric psych unit to get treated and medicated....at this point I'm not totally opposed! He has always had a temper but I never would have believed he would hit a woman. Just not cool.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this, FEM :hugs I don't know your dad, but it sounds a bit out of character for him to do something like that, from what you told us about him so far. I agree, it's completely not o.k.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh he needs a good FEM talking to! He seems to respond well to you when you tell him what's up. Is he on any psych medication?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to calm down and not go up there with a 2 x 4, lol! He's only on a med at night to help him relax.... I think they need to double the dose!