Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good luck. My MOM had a couple incidents when she hit & kicked some of the caregivers, cussed them like a sailor, too. Not her norm! My mom was a trained geriatric NA in a care hospital for years! So she really did a 360. Always told her she was the patient she used to come home & complain about. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My dad has always had what I call "little man syndrome" and the temper to go with it. I can't count the times he told me he'd been in fights in his life. Even in his 70's he started a fight on the golf course because a group wanted to play through because dad's group was kinda slow. He jumped this guy 20 years younger them himself and broke his nose! (Quite likely the other guy didn't want to hit an old man) But to hit a WOMAN? All I heard growing up is how no man should ever lay his hands on a woman. That's what "low" people did and he would never go down to that level. But looky here what he done went and done!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL - gotta find some good somewhere!

Going to see the folks this morning. I will be having a "talk" with dad which will be hard for me. (and it's gonna be hard on him too!) He needs to understand that there will be consequences if he does this again....geeze louise.

The lady that used to take care of them for me is going to go with me this morning. She's the sweetest person ever and she really wants to see where they are and if they are being taken care of. I just love her and miss her being here every day. It was so nice coming home to a clean house and now that it's just DH and I - we're back to Clutterville 5 days a week...and spend our weekends playing 'catch-up.' UGH!

When I get home (if it's not raining) I'll be getting Conan's outside pen together. I have to replace some panels that Cowboy managed to knock down when he was doing his stint in/on "Chain Prison." That area will be great for Conan for awhile. It's an 8 x8 wooden storage shed in the back yard with a doggie door cut into it and a good sized pen around it. Heck in a couple weeks I might move him out and put my two FF's in there to deliver. It beats walking through the mud out to the barn.

I need to start some laundry and grab another cup of coffee before I head out.

Happy Saturday ya'll!

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good luck with the visit and the "talk". I can imagine that is going to be hard, but hopefully you'll get through to him and there won't be a repeat.

Conan's pen sounds perfect for the little guy! He must be getting big now. Any chance of some updated pics? ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a good Saturday is planned out! We are going to get 2 pigs, then take Grand daughter #1 and #2 to the movie to see Peter Rabbit.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good luck on getting the pigs! Enjoy Peter Rabbit!

Had my talk with dad. 'Course he doesn't remember hitting anybody, but he wanted to know why he hit someone. I finally told him that he got mad because he didn't know where mom was so he started fighting people to get out of his way so he could go look for her. AND, he thought mom's new female roommate (who is an elderly, kinda thick person with short gray hair and a deep voice) was a MAN, lol. He didn't like that "man" being in her room. I told the owner of the place to tell her people to stay out of arm's reach the next time he got aggressive. I mean gee whiz, it's not that hard to get away from an 89 year old who can't exactly chase you down, lol. So, he was kinda pissy with me until I told him that if he did it again he'd get kicked out and have to go to a nursing home and he wouldn't be with mom anymore. THAT got his attention!

Got home and needed some garden therapy so I started some more seeds. I finally got my Cherokee Purple seeds in so I stuck them in dirt. I could only find one pkg of eggplant seeds so I started 6 of those and will shop for some different seed varieties. Lost my pepper seeds too except for the two pkgs that I had just ordered. Some chocolate sweet peppers and just for DH some Ghost Peppers. He does love hot stuff. Still need to get some more varieties of peppers too. Not sure who ate my seeds but I'm sure missing some. On the other hand I must have 20 different pkgs of various winter squash and pumpkin seeds that I hope I can find a place for. I was thinking this morning that if the gardens out back don't dry up I'll be planting up in the yard, lol.