Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Okay, okay! I went to the doc. He's CUTE and he thinks I'm funny, lol. :love And, I got my cortisone shot, some oral steroids and I'm gonna try some Celebrex. It's sore as heck right now - he put a lot of medication into that joint. But, it's ok cuz I know in about 48 hours I'll be feeling so much better. He kinda fussed at me a little for waiting so long to come in. I actually re-read a bunch of my journal yesterday so I could remember when it happened. It started hurting a little before mid-November. So, a little over 3.5 months. Ugh...I won't wait so long next time - no wait - there's not gonna be a next time. He suggested Physical Therapy but I declined cuz I can just do it at home. Tossing around 50lb feed sacks oughta be good therapy, lol.

Conan is growing like a weed....and hallelujah(!) he's learning to eat weeds too. He's just a bit over a month old. Yay, 1/3 of the way through bottle feeding. If he was a smaller breed I'd wean around 8 weeks, but being a bigger breed I'm gonna take him through 12 weeks.

Think I'm gonna try making those avocado cheese crisps that I posted the recipe over in the Real Men Eat Veggies thread. Stay tuned.... I'll letcha know how they turn out.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's been a good day! We submitted our big annual report at work today so that nightmare is over!

And DH and I are gonna go to a movie in the morning, probably swing by and see the old folks before or after the movie. Then we'll pick up my meds - pharmacy was running behind and I didn't feel like waiting around for 'em this afternoon.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH and I got up this morning and went to see a movie. Popcorn for breakfast, lol. We saw Annihilation...eh...It got decent reviews - but I expected more than what it delivered.

Checked the two does that I put in their own pen...should be getting close to kidding. Ligaments are getting softer, udders are getting bigger, but I think they've still got a little bit to go unless they pull some silly first freshener trick. Wouldn't be the first time... I can still be fooled occasionally.

Shoulder already feels a bit better even though the injection takes 48 to 72 hours to reach full effectiveness. Also started oral prednisone so I'm jacked up on steroids! Told DH he better watch out - I might get 'roid rage and whoop up on him!

I put my tomato plants outside in some natural sun this morning to start the hardening off process. While we were gone the wind picked up and they got a bit wind-burned, but they'll be fine....wind just dried 'em out pretty well. They're growing so well that at this point I'm worried they'll out grow their little seedling pods before I have a decently dry place to plant them! I might rip the blueberry bushes out of my raised beds and put some there. The blueberries have never produced more than a handful of berries and they're just taking up space so they might get the boot. I'd probably have to get the tractor to pull them out... But, I've only got 4 raised beds so that wouldn't even be enough room for 72ish tomato plants, lol. What was I thinking???

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No self pick places around here close - but Kroger usually has a some good sales...I've still got a few pkgs in the freezer from last year.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have a lovely organic u-pick farm near us. Great people too!

Yay for babies soon! What breed?