Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was fun! AND, just to prove that I can do two things at once - I moved two old does out of a pen and put the two FF's that are getting close into that pen. I told my gals they better get with it cuz I've got baby fever!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, today I go out and the two pregnant FF's that I put into their own private pen yesterday were out running with the bucks! :ep Good thing they're already bred, lol! Put them back in their pen and saw one go right over to the big dog crate that sits in that pen, climb on top of it, hop over to the round bale sitting on the other side and slide right down to the ground..... GRRRRRRR. And then Monkey See Monkey Do - the other one did the same thing. Geeze louise, the old pygmy does that were in that pen NEVER jumped out. So, now the crate that was in there for them to hide in is on the other side of the stall. Let's see if they can get out now!

My tomato plants are growing well. Not the best pic - but here they are!
image.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Again yesterday these silly gal goats were out. I walk into their stall and see that they PUSHED the crate back over to the fence and climbed out on the round bale. SMH..... So, I pushed it completely to the other side of their stall and propped a big ol' cinderblock up against it. HA! They were still where they belonged this morning!

I've been doing shoulder exercises every day. The exercise is called "moving the wasted hay to the garden area" to be used as mulch. The latest round bale that the goats are working on never got panels put around it. So, the goats ate it down pretty well and then scattered it around and moved on to the next bale. I've been taking a pitchfork and putting it into a garden cart, rolling it closer to the garden area, and pitch forking it over the fence to be used when/if I might need it. The shoulder will hold up fine for one or two cart loads - so that's all I do per day on weekdays. Weekends I do one or two loads in the morning and one or two loads at night. Sounds like good exercise to me... I guess I'll see what the doc says - if I go.

I'm s'posed to go to a sports medicine guy for my shoulder tomorrow....don't really wanna go. It actually feels a tiny bit better during the day time...but at night there is NO way to get comfortable. DH says I moaned in my sleep all night. I DID NOT! (I'm almost sure of it...)

Got some peppers and eggplant seeds tucked into starter pots. I need to pick up some different varieties. I like to have choices. However, the way things are going I might never get them planted. I'm thinking I need to go about a hundred more big tubs and just garden in them from now on. We got more rain over night and I really don't think it'll dry out for weeks and weeks....oh...and it's supposed to rain off and on until tomorrow. YAY!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to now. Our time cards were due today and we have to "project" through the end of the month. So....I've already taken the time off according to my time card, so I might as well go....OR...I could just go home early, lol. Either way I'm leaving work tomorrow at 1:30! :p

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Didn't go to the doc today. Don't yell! Lol. Only reason I didn't go is that my appointment is tomorrow not today... I guess I need a refresher course on looking at a calendar... geeze . I'm still doubting my need to go because my shoulder is sooooo much better - not perfect - but definitely better.

I fell into a deal at work. Our school has become a distribution point for a food bank. Twice a month food is delivered to the school and students (who have passed certain criteria) are given food. They do bring some fresh veggies and fruit, but it's not always in the best shape - so some of it has to be tossed. Guess who spoke up and said that NO food should be wasted even if it's not in the best shape? So now my chickens goats and pigs will be the recipient of some of that. I picked up about 40 lbs today of smooshy strawberries, brown kinda slimy on the outside lettuce, a BUNCH of brown apples that were previously green, a few yellow squash, a few zucchini's and a big ol' cantaloupe. I have to admit that I rescued the cantaloupe and it's delish, lol. Tomorrow is the expiration date on a whole bunch of milk that can't be given out so if there's any left I'll bring that home too. I'll bet no self-respecting pig will turn down any milk soaked corn! Yay! There will never be tons of it - but at least it will not be totally wasted.

Still waiting on a couple of FF's to get serious about having babies. First possible due date on one of 'em is this weekend, but she needs to get busy if she's gonna deliver in the next couple days. The other one shouldn't be too far behind, but who knows? It'll happen when it happens for sure!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's great on the free goodies for your critters, I know they are enjoying the yummies!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Score on the free food! I'm glad your shoulder is better, but GO to the doctor anyway.