Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
FEM, I remember you telling us about his new eye issues awhile ago and was wondering how things are going with him. I'm so sorry to hear this now :hugs The poor man has been through so much with his eyesight! Thank goodness it sounds like you have a decent doctor looking after him though.

How are you doing? How is the dental stuff going, you eating o.k. etc? I know you said it's going to be a good while before it's all done. More :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are trying to look at this as a positive step. After the first major surgery in the left eye he's never had another bleed in that eye. Other issues - yes. But no more bleeds. When we get that same procedure done in the right eye that should stop the bleeds there too. The trade off is that his peripheral vision virtually disappears.

I have to work this morning. Our students are doing community service by ringing the Salvation Army bell in front of Wal-Mart. The kids enjoy it and it's a good lesson for them. A couple of years ago we had an older veteran stand with us and tell us a story. He said that when he served that the Salvation Army was always there for the soldiers...the Red Cross not so much. Just his story - not mine, lol. But he told the students how they would bring food, candy, blankets and other little things like paper, envelopes and stamps. It was a great history lesson for the kids and hearing it straight from someone who had lived it was pretty awesome. Then they saw this old, proud veteran reach into his wallet and pull out the only cash he had in there and put it in the bucket. Way cool.
We've got decent weather for it thankfully. Supposed to get to almost 80 today.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is nice! Heading to a neighborhood party with Wilbur as pulled pork and I made a double batch of eggnog. Beautiful day!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was hotter'n heck this morning sitting in front of Wal-Mart....geeze! Maybe it's better than freezing? I dunno…. :idunno

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe it's better than freezing? I dunno…. :idunno

It's sure a lot better than being cold, cold, cold!!! Trust me.

Good job for the young adults -- they learn, they appreciate, they participate and give back, all at one time.

Do they ever sign them up to work at some of the kitchens/dinners for homeless? We have facilities here for such offerings. Some churches and some actual locations for this and emergency sheltering in extreme weather, etc. Our area has a few farms that allow gleaning. Some churches, scouts, etc., organize to collect foods and take to food banks for distribution. Nice efforts.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We are trying to look at this as a positive step. After the first major surgery in the left eye he's never had another bleed in that eye. Other issues - yes. But no more bleeds. When we get that same procedure done in the right eye that should stop the bleeds there too. The trade off is that his peripheral vision virtually disappears.
:hugs and :fl

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do they ever sign them up to work at some of the kitchens/dinners for homeless?
They do lots of community service. We've worked at the Houston Food Bank packing up food. Last week they worked at the college making food bags for people in the community - some of their own families qualify. We've participated in the city wide clean-up by picking up trash from the sides of the roads and have painted equipment in the city parks. They've made wreaths and decorations that have been delivered to nursing homes and some participate in delivering Meals on Wheels. We try to emphasize how important "giving back" is.

Busy day ahead...wanted to butcher a pig but with a high of 80 I think I'm gonna have to wait for a better opportunity. I am going to move goats around. I'm tired of the bucks living in a slop hole with the only dry spot under their shelter. I'm gonna turn 'em out in the pasture with the does and Conan. I think most of the does are bred so there hopefully won't be fighting.

I also need to start watching Lucy pretty closely. I'll bring her up front pretty soon because she and Cameo may be due in early January. Cameo is already in the front pen. My kidding season may last from January through May. The population around her is going to definitely explode before it starts going down. That's okay though. I need to watch these upcoming Conan babies and see how their parasite resistance is. I have a feeling the babies from the Conan and Kinder doe crosses should do pretty well. My Kinders are much more parasite resistant than the Nubians.

Need to get out there and get busy before the Texans play at noon. Going for the 9th straight win in a row! Gooooo Texans!

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh Conan/kinder crosses! Way cool, can't wait to see them! That's a loooong kidding season.