Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well even if the storm just took out a fence their horses might be gone, so maybe that's all they're worried about... Maybe you should go spray paint all your animals. Chickens excluded, probably. Lol!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I almost did that to my horses in Ike, but just took pictures instead. They had our 16 acres (wooded), the neighbors 20 acres (pasture) a 3 sided shed on our place and a barn on the neighbors place. The neighbors said for the most part, the horses stood out in the open.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lake Jackson is projected to get 28" of rain. That's right in your area. Sure you don't want to pack it up and get out of there?

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'd take a little of that rain here if I could. Our ground is hard as rock. Maybe we'll get some rain and benefit from this storm in a few days. I have two friends in the Houston area. I'm praying for you guys. When we lived closer to the gulf, we'd fill the bathtub with water before hurricanes just in case. I sure you have bottled water ready but it's not a bad idea to set out more.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sure you don't want to pack it up and get out of there?
Nah... don't like driving in the rain!

We're starting to see more and more rain....satellite TV is certainly not dependable! We've got constant tornado warnings going off on our phones but have only heard of one small one touching down in Galveston. Not much damage.

Thunder and lightening is pretty constant right now but winds are not too bad. Gusts of maybe 20mph is about the worst we've gotten so far.

Town about 20 miles southwest of here has already lost power...along with other places closer to the landfall area.

So far we're good.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FEM I know you know what your doing and how to take care of you and yours. keep your head down and your powder dry.
I pray that DH's eye gets better. I had to go thru mom having macular degeneration and having injections and laser treatments on her eye. its a long row to hoe.
again, you take care and let us know you're ok when you can.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
YW!

Thanks @goatgurl

Finally got a couple loaves of zucchini bread made...was a little worried we'd lose power before it finished cooking, but it's all good. I cooked a pork loin yesterday/last night and I shredded up some tonight and cooked it with some onion. Added a little bbq sauce and a little ACV and called it delicious. Rolled it in a lightly fried corn tortilla with some grated cheese and sour cream - YUM! I guess I'll prolly gain 5 lbs over this 5 day storm, lol!