Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My SIL in Conroe (high and safe) just called to let us know that my sister and her husband had to be rescued from their second story last night by their son and friends in a boat. They and their pets are at their son's home now, exhausted and asleep. Their home and business is under water. Their son and friends got all their equipment and vehicles out yesterday.

Y'all pray for Texas.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My SIL in Conroe (high and safe) just called to let us know that my sister and her husband had to be rescued from their second story last night by their son and friends in a boat. They and their pets are at their son's home now, exhausted and asleep. Their home and business is under water. Their son and friends got all their equipment and vehicles out yesterday.

Y'all pray for Texas.
I'm so sorry to hear this, but glad they are safe! :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My parents 89yo and 86yo are about to get water in their house. My brother lives next door and he is with them, thank goodness. But, for the first time in his life he told me he doesn't know what to do. I convinced him to let the rescuers come in and get them to a shelter. My mom is a very anxious person and my dad is a stubborn old cuss - so this is not going to be easy on them. They're over 50 miles away from me and there's no way I can get there to help. Such a helpless feeling.

We are still ok here. Lost power for a while this morning, but it came back. We drove up and checked on the bayou...it's further out of banks than yesterday but not a lot. Still praying that the run-off doesn't back up and get us. We're handling the rain just fine. It rains, ditches fill up - it stops raining and they drain. But, they are draining into the bayou that may still back up and get us.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@baymule and @frustratedearthmother we're praying for you and your families and friends. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all updated. FEM, I understand how frustrating it can be to be so far away. My mom had a heart attack several years back, and I was 1000 miles away. God knows about your parents, and we're lifting them up in prayer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are OUT! Such relief to know that they are safe. They didn't even have to wait for "official" rescuers. A friend of a friend of a friend had a high water vehicle and went in and got them out. They are now staying with one of those folks - I don't even know who it is or where they are - but they are safe!

We are preparing to stay upstairs if needed. We've got a camp stove and propane, ice chests, water, food... Everything I can think of that we might need is moving up.

Probably won't get much, if any, sleep tonight. Gotta watch the levels and take action if needed. I've got the animals set up as well as I can right now. That's another thing I have to watch for tonight. If the barns go under I've gotta get them out.

Praying that things will stay ok, but we've had rain for hours and hours now and it's forecasted to last all night and through the day tomorrow.

Break over gotta move more stuff upstairs.