Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hate to bring it up but, seems you are getting --- more rain? Lots more? I have Mon, Tue, wed off --- also more rain .:he .just can't win! Can't remember so much, for so long , in years. What gives? :idunno

Like the new kid. Mom has serious ears! :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom does have serious ears! I love her ears!

Yep - they are calling for some pretty serious storms this weekend - and likely all weekend long...sigh. Hope the skies split and it goes around us! :fl

I went to the feed store before work this morning so I hope we don't get a pop-up shower before I can get the feed home at lunch.

Bottle babies are crazy! I'm going to have to find a permanent pen for them. I'm really tired of them peeing on my back porch - UGH! And, this morning I saw one on top of the hot tub with Gracie, lol. I would not enjoy having them pee up there and it run down into the tub.....barfola! :sick

I've definitely gotta start cutting up pig meat and getting it into the freezer tonight. It's been sitting in the ice chest covered in ice since Saturday - so it's time. That'll probably be my biggest chore this weekend. But, it sure will be nice to have it all in the freezer. I worked moving and rearranging some things in the freezers yesterday so I hope I can make it all fit. I think I'm going to debone the biggest majority of it and maybe even let the neighbor grind some up for me - or borrow his grinder.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cute new kid!

When we went to Tennessee to pick up Ringo, Teresa showed me how to fun fecals. I took notes on my note section on my phone. LOL Now I just have to assemble all the stuff to do it with. I use a lot of Garlic Barrier. I don't know how effective it is because I have not run fecals, but I soon will! It must be doing something because the eyelids are always bright pink.

Our new ram, Ringo is from a worm resistant breeding program and I am very excited about that.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our new ram, Ringo is from a worm resistant breeding program and I am very excited about that.
That's fantastic. I'm about to start my own worm resistant breeding program...it's called be parasite resistant or "else." I'm tired of constantly fighting this battle...

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Boo on storms! That is not what you need! Hope it's not too bad:(

My shetlands are pretty darn parasite resistant. Most primitive breeds are. I'm cool with that! I've never had issues until I had those dang kids I bought last year, and all the fecals I've had run otherwise have been clear or like one egg. Hoping to keep it that way! It's crazy, I'm very much looking forward to my workshop. I'll share what I learn!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have got to get these goats outta my backyard. They are taking over!

771EF380-122D-4D47-B560-4A1818F81446.jpeg