Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 8 trays of apple slices in dehydrator...looks like almost that many more. Tomorrow job, once these finish. Need to think about supper. Found some slices of eggplant in freezer while rummaging thru. Prob that tonight -- then heat & eat another night. Love not big cook fest every night. :lol: called lazy.

Time for me to get planting that garden. 👍🤣

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dehydrated the first batch of carrots overnight. Checked 'em this morning and they are ready to come out. I used a food processor to slice 'em and I'm not thrilled, but they're crispy! I'd like them a little thicker, but I used the thickest cutting blade I have. I may end up slicing them by hand - ugh. I'd like them a tiny bit thicker than they are now. I also used the wrong blade on one batch...not paying attention. The slice blade and the grate blade are one and the same. Put it in one way for slicing - turn it over for grating. I managed to grate a whole bowl full before I noticed, lol. Hmmmm, carrot cake in my future? If I try to dehydrate those itty-bitty pieces they'll disappear!

carrot salad! :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have 8 trays of apple slices in dehydrator...looks like almost that many more. Tomorrow job, once these finish. Need to think about supper. Found some slices of eggplant in freezer while rummaging thru. Prob that tonight -- then heat & eat another night. Love not big cook fest every night. :lol: called lazy.

Time for me to get planting that garden. 👍🤣

i think i took a jar of chili out of the freezer for later on today. i'm completely ok with it being something else too. will find out later... mystery meals. :) we keep telling ourselves that we need to put labels on things, but we still never do - i guess we like the mystery element of it too. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
carrot salad! :)
I love carrot salad! Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family that does so I never make it.

However, there may or may not be carrot cake in the oven... :hide

On the rare occasion that I make cake of any kind I bake it in mini loaf pans. I'll stick most of those in the freezer, out in the garage, several rooms and lotsa steps away from me, lol. I've gotta want it really bad to walk out there to get it and then it has to kinda thaw a bit before I can indulge. It keeps me from eating the whole darn cake too quickly! :drool

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love carrot salad! Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my family that does so I never make it.

However, there may or may not be carrot cake in the oven... :hide

On the rare occasion that I make cake of any kind I bake it in mini loaf pans. I'll stick most of those in the freezer, out in the garage, several rooms and lotsa steps away from me, lol. I've gotta want it really bad to walk out there to get it and then it has to kinda thaw a bit before I can indulge. It keeps me from eating the whole darn cake too quickly! :drool

i love carrot cake, cream cheese frosting, yum! well heck there's very little i find in food that i don't love but i'll chew through some cardboard to get to some carrot cake if'n i had to. slightly frozen would be even better because it'd take me a few more seconds to eat...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We've had almost 3 inches of rain between yesterday and today. That's more than enough. It can stop now. Not that it will - because that's just the way it is around here.

I pulled down the rest of the crown molding in the dining room and scraped the few inches of popcorn ceiling texture that was underneath. Had to cut off and/or pull some nails out of the ceiling and the walls. Some of those buggers are real stubborn. I still need to paint that area. I'll do that tomorrow. Don't want to annoy my shoulder any more today. It does NOT appreciate doing overhead work.

I'm beginning to think that this job may NEVER be finished. Working an hour every other day just isn't getting it done. But, too many things going on right now. Gotta get the rest of the onions taken care of along with the next round of carrots that'll be coming along soon. Then I'll be picking beans and I still need to plant my black-eye peas. Yay! I do like to keep busy - but this is ridiculous, lol.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Feel better now? :lol::hide
Thanks - good try! ;) Definitely better than having a deadline, lol. But, I'd really like for there to be an end in sight! Not sure that'll happen. It's like when you finally finish a project another one jumps in line. Gives me something to do I guess but also keeps me from doing everything else I might like/need to do.

Still more onions to deal with. Guess I'll load up the dehydrator this morning. Might also do a canner load of charro beans. That'll use a few onions too.

Separated a couple mama goats last night so I can sneak some milk this morning. Had to use evaporated milk in my coffee today.

Need to get to it.