Frustratedearthmother's Journaling Journey

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If ya'll remember back a couple months ago I was in the midst of home projects. I got back to it today by learning a new skill. I can hang blinds. If nobody pulls on them too hard they might not fall out of the window.

haha! it would not be something i'd ever even contemplate as for some years as a kid we had the kind of curtains that were held in place by spring loaded rods and you could not grab them or they'd just fall on you - sometimes doing damage to you so you learned ...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The bittersweet continues. My daughter raised her kids to be as independent as possible. Granddaughter can do yard work and grandson can cook and do laundry. Just look at what this 16yo young man made for dessert - cherry pie. I'll give him a reminder to turn the oven down a bit if baking in glass. But, dang - I don't even do lattice tops. Not bad for his first attempt!

1691636487560.jpeg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The bittersweet continues. My daughter raised her kids to be as independent as possible. Granddaughter can do yard work and grandson can cook and do laundry. Just look at what this 16yo young man made for dessert - cherry pie. I'll give him a reminder to turn the oven down a bit if baking in glass. But, dang - I don't even do lattice tops. Not bad for his first attempt!

View attachment 24172

Well Done!!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's :drool looking. I love that you and grands are so close to one another in daily type & emotional, not just distance! Certain you will enjoy their visits. Hey, before long they will be driving themselves there ☺️
I do wish they were closer. That 4-hour ride is hard for DH to get through. But, I plan on going to baseball games and choir concerts so he's gonna have to suck it up or stay home with the critters.

Headed to town again this morning. Need to get grain which I didn't get earlier this week despite planning to do so. Might pick up some pie ingredients too!