girl to girl: how many of you gals chop your own firewood...by hand?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It was really easy too BB. Set up was a snap too. It came with the drill bit needed to drill the hole you need to set it into the stump AND the wrench you need to tighten up the nuts with etc. All you need is the drill and the stump.

4 stars from me. :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
If I hadn't smashed my index finger (through a leather glove!) I would have the whole stack of wood finished by now.

Note to self, move hand/fingers out of the way when you release the weight thingy. :rolleyes:

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I haven't seen that wood spiltting thing,I'll have to check that out.I can run a skil saw a jig saw a saws-all and just about any hand tool,But I'm scared of the chain saw.I can bust wood and do the smaller stuff but I'm leaving the chainsaw to the fellows.I'm headed out now to do some hickory to use with the grill for supper tonight.Country ribs smoked and grilled over hickory.:drool

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
ThisOldCabin said:
I haven't seen that wood spiltting thing,I'll have to check that out.I can run a skil saw a jig saw a saws-all and just about any hand tool,But I'm scared of the chain saw.I can bust wood and do the smaller stuff but I'm leaving the chainsaw to the fellows.I'm headed out now to do some hickory to use with the grill for supper tonight.Country ribs smoked and grilled over hickory.:drool
That sounds good! Tell me where you are, and if I'm close enough, I'd be more than willing to come over and help you clean them up.

ThisOldCabin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
ThisOldCabin said:
That sounds good! Tell me where you are, and if I'm close enough, I'd be more than willing to come over and help you clean them up.
Thanks for the offer,but wouldn't you know,hubby went squirrel hunting and wasn't gone 30 minutes.Came back to make sure I had a fire.He knew I did,he could see it from the woods.Now I gotta cook something for dinner tommorow since we have no leftovers.:idunno

Latest posts