Today's food---

breakfast
sausage and eggs for the boyos
bacon, broccoli and swiss quiche for honey and I

lunch
ds was pork and broccoli
mine was cheese, almonds,pickles

dinner
huge pot of chicken soup with onion, carrot, cabbage, celery, pea pods, garlic, mushrooms. It was so good I ate two huge bowls!

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I talked to both kids this morning about going grain free as well and while they aren't thrilled I explained we can add some back in slowly to see what our reactions are after a month without and both are ok with it. As with everything else I am just going to have to adjust my thinking and we will be eating lots of veggies and salads.

My kids absolutely love fruits and most veggie's so that's not a problem but I think that I am going to have to slow them down on fruits. I would think 1-2 servings a day would be ok?

We are going to go grain/gluten and dairy free first. Can you tell me why your are also legume free? I am still trying to learn all of this stuff. There are a lot of things I don't like out there so I am going to have a very limited diet if I get rid of all grain, gluten, legume and dairy.

I guess it's time for more research. My husband doesn't buy into the whole diet thing but if it's not in the house he will have a hard time eating it. Pop and sweet tea are his downfall and he just won't give it up. He has depression and ADD and needs a diet change as well. I hope that if we can make it through a month we willl all see results and that will make it easier to continue.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'm not a big morning eater, so I just eat one egg. Sam eats two and then some other protein etc if I make it.

I'm going on what my daughter's dietitian said rather than a book. I looked up Paleo diet and researched a bit. There is a good site called Mark's Daily Apple...if you join something you get his free ebooks, two cookbooks and something else on exercise.

The best kind of meat is grassfed or pastured meats...super expensive though. I raised a hog in a pasture, I buy ground bison (it is mostly pastured/grassfed), and I use some regular store bought meats.

Oh by the way, Sam's dietitian said plain old daily farm work is good enough in the way of exercise, for all of us.

Breakfast:
eggs and avocado
water

Lunch:
leftover seafood chowder
water

Dinner:
tunafish salad (with sardines mixed in) on top of a big bed of lettuce
leftover coleslaw
avocados
water

Snacks:
crispy nuts
bllueberries
HEY BBH!

I am the same way in the mornings. I am just not hungry for the first few hours after I wake up. What i do these days is cook a bunch of eggd and sausage and divide into serving size containers and take one to work with me to eat when I finally do get hungry. I have read in numerous places that you should get some protein into your system within 30 minutes of waking up, but it just makes me ill to try to do that.

Oh well, better than nothing I guess.

I am going to make the cole slaw this weekend to go with the Ruzicka Chicken we're having tomorrow. Then lasagna and Black Bean cake for my son's birthday on Sunday.

Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods and that your daughter continues to improve by leaps and bounds!

Tom

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Legume free b/c they can be hard for some to digest, even if they are soaked over night. :)

For my daughter fruit (and veggies for that matter) is unlimited. I keep blueberries, strawberries, bananas and apples around. She usually grazes on them off and on during the day...probably totalling 1-2 servings a day. (Serving being a 1/2 cup.)

I have only one serving a day if that, I'm trying to lose a bit more weight.

By the way, I had to tighten up my belt one more hole. :D

Sorry for not posting a menu yesterday or today, I've been quite busy with a sick sheep. Yesterday was leftover day. Today was the same. Cleaning out the fridge for the weekend.

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
By the way, I had to tighten up my belt one more hole. :D
:thumbsup

I wish I had that problem!

Oh, but look out! I'm taking Free's next class. Ima be svelt and buff for the Summer! :lol:

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My honey bought ketone strips and he and I are in ketosis, my boy isn't :( He's got to be cheating somehow--it hurts my heart. He's disappointed about not losing weight, maybe he'll get the cause and effect?

On the good side, my honey's gout has not flared like he was afraid of and his sugar has been running under one fifty. Yeah!

Breakfast--
eggs and hotdogs for the boys. Didn't realize how many carb the hot dogs have, will cut those out!
leftover soup for honey and I

lunch--
pork chops and stir-fry veggies for the guys, cod and veggies for me

dinner--
venison roast sliced thin and sauteed with onion, garlic, mushrooms, in a cream gravy with broccoli and cheese on the side

dessert--
sliced strawberries with slightly sweetened whipped cream on the top. Thought I died and went to heaven! First sweet thing I'd had in two weeks :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My daughter cheats too. :/ Today I found an empty packet of (old) parmesan from pizza long past. I also found a 'brown sugar trail' from my baking pantry. (I cleaned out the chocolate chips etc, I didn't think I'd needed to do something with ingredients like brown sugar.)

Anyway, now I have more of those "boom choco boom" bars handy whenever she needs a sweet fix. She knows that she can only have 1/4 of it. (I keep my stash hidden in the dehydrator in the closet and just set one bar out at a time for us to graze on after dinner over the course of a few days.)

ETA: Have you figured out what he craves? Make him healthy alternatives. Sam has a sweet tooth. I decided to make her more of the butternut squash brownies. This will help soothe her sweet tooth.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Breakfast:
eggs :hide :p
water

Lunch:
veggie soup
water

Dinner Plans:
veggie frittata (broccoli, carrots, onions, peppers)
water

Snack:
apple slices for me
Sam had strawberries

Dessert:
boom choco boom chocolate square