LOL! Maybe his neighbor is sleep eating as well. :p
:lol:

Well, after seeing me, it'd snap them awake, I'm sure! :ep

Sorry to keep derailing your thread. :plbb

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Ok, I just looked it up. So pale pink is a good thing!! YEA!! Guess we are doing something right!

Breakfast:
meatloafmarinated veggies (we ate out, at a health food deli due to early dr. appointments)
water
I had raw milk b/f we left home

Lunch:
guacamole salad
water

Dinner Plans:
ham hocks and collard greens (slow cooked ham hocks, MMMM! Put ham hocks in pokey pot, cover with water add spices, I added garlic, onions, sea salt, pepper, hot sauce. Halfway before they are done toss in a generous amount of collard greens and finish cooking.)
water

snacks: none

dessert:
boom choco boom square
kiwi fruit
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! How did you make meatloaf without crackers or bread crumbs??????? Paleo minds want to know!!! :D

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!!! How did you make meatloaf without crackers or bread crumbs??????? Paleo minds want to know!!! :D
I was wondering the same thing...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My meatloaf recipe is on I think page 11 or 12. :)

That meatloaf that we had at the deli did have w.w. bread listed on the ingredients list. It was the lesser of all the evils though, and we were between dr. visits, not at home.

Today's menu

Breakfast:
Sam had eggs
I fasted
water

Lunch:
leftover collard greens and ham hocks
water

Dinner plans:
thai chicken soup (recipe from my paleo cookbook, I'm making double batch with chicken breast, so we can have it for leftovers tomorrow...big day.)
4 stalks lemon-grass, cut into -inch
strips and bruised with a knife;
1/2 lb diced fresh ginger;
5 lime leaves, bruised with the side of a
knife;
1 chicken leg;
2 cups water;
2 small chilies;
4 cups coconut milk;
3 scallions, minced;
2 tbsp chopped cilantro;
Juice of 3 limes;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
to taste;

1 In a sauce pan, bring the water to a simmer and
cook the chicken with the lemon-grass and
limes leaves until just cooked, about 30 minutes.
2 Remove the chicken, add the chilies to the liquid
and dice the cooked chicken meat.
3 Bring the water back to a simmering state and
pour in the coconut milk.
4 Heat the soup, but make sure it doesnt reach
the boil.
5 Strain the soup in a new pot, add the cilantro,
lime juice, cooked chicken and scallions. Season
with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to
taste.

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That soup sounds sooo good! We've really been into the soups lately.

Breakfast
eggs

lunch
turkey salad, cheese, peanuts and sugar free jello

dinner
shrimp in garlic cream sauce, cod, and spinich in the garlic cream sauce.

We're getting kinda bored, but the weight is coming off! My son has lost I think nine pounds, I'm at thirteen or so. Our scales are at the Y, and I think they need to be oiled or something. Not sure we're getting accurate numbers. BUT, I can feel the difference, so can my son. The other day he even forgot to eat breakfast!!! This is like a miracle in our house, this child has been so focused on food. When I want to eat something bad, I just cruise the Weston Price site and read the articles on how we're killing ourselves with what we eat. Plus, I'm a HomeCare nurse and lately all my clients just bring home how our food is killing us. They're all overweight, diabetic, hypertensive, and most are only in their sixties (or younger :( ). I don't want to be that way!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I made quinoa for the first time tonight. It is kind of carby so not something I will be eating on a daily basis, but it is tasty, high in protein, and gluten-free.

I added some cooked quinoa to the soup I made out of my ill tempered drake TJ. The soup was duck broth, duck meat, lots of sage, some cayenne pepper, sea salt, garlic, etc... I added some red wine to the reduced stock. Then I added cauliflower and the quinoa.

It's nummy and I am trying not to eat it all :D

Quinoa can be sprouted to reduce the carb content and boost the nutrition even higher. I put some between some damp paper towels to see if they would sprout. It only took a few hours but they did. They taste good and I can see adding sprouted quinoa to salads.

I decided to grow it before I tasted it because I knew the ducks and quail could eat it. Glad to know I can too :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Amazing hua?

That soup WAS great!

Breakfast:
eggs
water

Lunch:
leftover soup
water

Dinner:
veggie filled chili: full of 3-4 handfuls of fresh chopped spinach, 4 celery stalks, 2 bell peppers, 1 large onion, 2 smashed garlic cloves. I used one lb of pan sausage (thank you Benson) and 1 lb ground bison. It was the very best chili I've made yet. And there is enough for tomorrow.
water

Snack:
apple slices with Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread: Ingredients: dry roasted hazelnuts, organic evaporated cane sugar, organic cocoa, organic cocoa butter, palm fruit oil, vanilla and sea salt. (10 carbs per 2 TBLS, we only needed 1 TBLS each!) Look for it, it was YUM!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
There is a realy great health food store here called "Marlenes". They sell my raw milk and even raw goat milk. I'm sure you can find it in Cali somewhere...health food central. :)

Heck I'm sure you can make it yourself too.