nitrate free salami
orange
water for Sam
raw milk for me

Lunch:
avocado salad
water

Dinner Plans: (I'm so excited!)
bison salisbury steaks (ground bison, diced shallots, egg yolks, sea salt and pepper)
in a red wine, thyme, onion and mushroom reduction (my very first by the way)
steamed green beans with bacon and pan fried shallots
water

snack:
handful of soaked almonds

dessert:
square of boom choco boom

Tomorrow we are having ham hocks and collard greens for dinner, (with hot sauce too). Yes ma'am!! I am super excited, I've been missing my southern foods!

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeee--Haawwww!

The coolest thing happened! My son took leftover spareribs for lunch. When he came home, I told him to throw the bones out for the dog. He told me he HADN'T FINISHED his lunch because he JUST WASN'T THAT HUNGRY!!!! O happy day! This has honestly never happened except when he is sick. I had him go in and pee on a stick and he is in ketosis! I was worried about the low carb bbq sauce I made last night, apparently it's low enough!

I don't want to stay with the low-carb/ketosis forever, just to jump start and get rid of that hungry feeling. My poor son's body is so messed up he does't know hungry vs munching.

breakfast
nothing for me--I actually forgot!
eggs for the kiddo

lunch
almonds and cheese, pickle for me
spareribs for the boy

dinner--yoyo
chicken salad, green salad for me
chicken, low carb katsup, green beans for the boyo.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
That is fantastic!! :celebrate

Hey donrae, with the ketosis 'sticks', what color is ideal? The directions don't make any sense to me. Do I want the lighter color or the darker?

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ok, I just looked it up. So pale pink is a good thing!! YEA!! Guess we are doing something right!

Breakfast:
meatloaf
marinated veggies (we ate out, at a health food deli due to early dr. appointments)
water
I had raw milk b/f we left home

Lunch:
guacamole salad
water

Dinner Plans:
ham hocks and collard greens (slow cooked ham hocks, MMMM! Put ham hocks in pokey pot, cover with water add spices, I added garlic, onions, sea salt, pepper, hot sauce. Halfway before they are done toss in a generous amount of collard greens and finish cooking.)
water

snacks: none

dessert:
boom choco boom square
kiwi fruit

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey BBH!

Sounds like you and DD are still doing good! :thumbsup

Keep it up!

So, she snuck some brown sugar huh? :lol:

If it makes you feel better, when I go to bed hungry, I have been known to sleep eat. nothing weird, but strange, like a cold chicken breast, once I made a sandwich and ate at my computer desk (apparently) but didn't remember... Anyway, for my son's birthday this past week, I bought some assorted candies for my DD to stuff his pinata and "hid" the rest in my closet... Well, you guessed it. i woke up the next morning with the taste of old chocolate in my mouth and a couple candy wrappers in the floor of my closet!

I know some think this is a serious condition but it rarely happens and I actually eat pretty well while asleep! :lol:

Anyway, keep up the good work! We're all pulling for you!

Tom

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:gig Too funny!

(You know now that it isn't the end of the world to have a healthy before bed time snack, right?)

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:gig Too funny!

(You know now that it isn't the end of the world to have a healthy before bed time snack, right?)
:hide

Yeah! PLUS it keeps the neighbors from complaining about the big fat guy walking past the window in his boxers at 2 am with meat hanging from his mouth! :lol:

navajo001

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Your neighbors are up looking through your windows at 2am? o_O
Oh yeah! It's like a train wreck, they don't WANT to look, but feel they have to! :lol: