Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sal....do some reading on nightshades and come to your own conclusions :)

I know how tough it is to have a restricted diet :(....don't want to make things worse than they need to be.

Glad to hear that you both are feeling so well :ya

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks Dace. I'm hoping that since Sam's dad's side of the family comes from south of the border (Apache) she won't have a hard time with tomatoes etc. :fl

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Ok, I have been sitting here chilling in front of the computer for quite a while now, and it has been very quiet...strange! :lol: I am totally shocked that Sam hasn't been pillaging the fridge! And she isn't bugging me about what time dinner will be ready. I just can't believe it. My one-track-mind-food-obsessed kiddo isn't obsessing about food! I've noticed she was like that yesterday and the day before as well. However, today she really didn't eat all that much, so I was expecting her to be ravenous.

:celebrate

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Today Sam played outside ALL day and helped me in the garden hauling 3 bags of mulch and 4 bags of topsoil to my new garden area. She also happily ran errands for me from the garage area back to the garden area. Who is this child? My couch potato is now my sweet potato! :) It is very obvious that her body is reacting to the new diet.

I obiviously feel much better too, I planted 3 more fruit trees and dug two (2 ft. deep) post holes, planted the poles and cemented them in for a new trellis I'm working on. Busy, busy, busy!

Ok, here is what we had for breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast:
(again) fluffy coconut pancakes this time made with cinnamon and nutmeg (they tasted just like doughnuts!)
ghee and blueberries on top
water

Lunch:
leftover chicken tortilla-less soup (full of veggies)
topped with avocados
water

Dinner plans:
Butternut squash with garlic and olive oil
biggy spinach salad with crispy bacon, red onions, hard boiled eggs homemade balsamic dressing
water

Snacks? NONE! Neither one of us needed a snack yet and it is 5:00 here.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey BBH, I gotta ask what is different with this new diet because I know you have a very clean, very similar diet before....so what has been your big change?

I find that I can go all day, three meals and no snacks, no problem :thumbsup. I was always a ravenous type too MsPony...but once you are feeding your self good amounts of nutrient dense foods rather than filler like bread, cereal, crackers and rice, well I guess you just don't need as much!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
We used to eat lots of cheeses and drank that good raw milk. Every day we had cheese and milk.

Beans (properly prepared) were in most of my soups. I like southwestern-style soups. I made black bean chili almost every week.

A "cheat" food that I always had on hand was whole grain crackers. We had them with cheese and fruit on the weekends when I didn't feel like messing up the kitchen. I'm sure Sam grabbed a handful every once in a while when I wasn't paying attention. (I have to admit, my favorite meal is cheese, fruit and crackers! I thought I was doing pretty well by limiting us to this meal once a week...guess not.)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I would keep her on the high-vitamin butter oil. She still has a lot of catching up to do.

You may find that after a year or two of healing, you can cautiously add certain foods back in. Also, you may be eliminating so many things at once that it is hard to know which are the culprits. So after a while of good results, you might carefully add something back into your diet to see if it is ok. This means something like one small bite with breakfast, lunch, and dinner....no reaction? Next day, two small bites with each meal, and so on, stopping the moment there is a suspected reaction.

When my diet is slipping, I find myself spending more time in front of the fridge with the door open, in a frantic search for....what? I am usually not even hungry....usually when I am like this, my digestive system is very uncomfortable. Yet I look for food. This tells me that food is medicine and that I should go back to the "good" diet, as that is what my body is looking for, even if my eyes land on the candy bar that dh hid and that is what my mouth wants! :rolleyes:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
lol!

Ok I'll keep her on the hvbo.

Re: re-introducing foods-
The problem with her is that her reactions to food are silent/internal...or then again, maybe I don't know what to look for. :hu

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
BBH, once you are clean, you can tell small internal reactions.

You can definitely feel inflammation inside once you have NONE.