Grain/Gluten, Legume and Dairy free food ideas and sharing journal

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
abifae said:
BBH, once you are clean, you can tell small internal reactions.

You can definitely feel inflammation inside once you have NONE.
Great to know Abi, thanks. :)

Breakfast:
bacon and eggs
eta: avacado
water

Lunch:
savory sweet potato patties (eggs, smashed sweet potatoes w/ skins, garlic, olive oil, seasalt and pepper)
a side of blueberries
water

Dinner:
a grilled shrimp biggy salad with spinach and romaine
water

Snacks:
(macadamia nuts for me)
macadamia nuts, a fermented pickle and some nitrate-free slices of roasted turkey for Sam

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hey on a side note, Sam's tutor (who comes once a week) said she looks like she has lost a lot of weight. :) She and I have gotten pretty close the last few months and she knows all about Sam's healing process...we always discuss nutrition/food etc. when the sessions are over.

(She didn't say that about me though. :/)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dace said:
Hey BBH, I gotta ask what is different with this new diet because I know you have a very clean, very similar diet before....so what has been your big change?

I find that I can go all day, three meals and no snacks, no problem :thumbsup. I was always a ravenous type too MsPony...but once you are feeding your self good amounts of nutrient dense foods rather than filler like bread, cereal, crackers and rice, well I guess you just don't need as much!
This week I've been VERY poor and eating whatevers in the fridge, which is dairy and fat (remember I don't eat meat besides bacon.)

I have to say, I have been surviving on two meals a day, of scrambled eggs w/ cheese. Last night hubby caved and bought me a little pizza from WF...so that was a bad carb.today I got "snacky" and just drank a glass of milk.

But, tonight I ate WELL :D bacon w/ eggs fried in the grease topped with cheese and avocado and a half glass of milk. I got 3/4 through and had to give the rest to chickies.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
abifae said:
BBH, once you are clean, you can tell small internal reactions.

You can definitely feel inflammation inside once you have NONE.
Great to know Abi, thanks. :)
No problem! I wondered the same thing and found out it was really not an issue hahaha.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks NCL. :)

I woke up with some blemishes on my face. I assume this is from my body detoxing. My clothes fit so much better, and I still have more energy than normal, Sam too. Sam tried on a pair of jeans from last year and they fit her! As soon as she came home from school she took her snack outside to play. :)

Breakfast:
hard boiled egg
blueberries
water
coffee for me, today was my last day on coffee

Lunch:
nitrate free chicken, roasted red pepper and spinach sausage
sliced apples with almond butter and seasalt
water

Dinner plans:
grilled chicken biggy salad full of sliced veggies
water

Snack:
snap peas
carrots

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Oh, I wanted to add...

I have been worried about making sure Sam gets enough calcium b/c osteo issues run in my family. I found some wild caught sardines at the health food store. They are packed in extra virgin olive oil. (Side of box says they are sustainably caught on the California coast. Excellent source of Omega 3. I am not sure if this is true, but it also says that sardines
provide 3 times more calcium and phosphorus than milk, more than cooked spinach, as much protein as steak, and as much potassium as bananas. They contain 885 mg DHA and 210 mg of Omega 3. They also supply an ample source of vit. B12 and vitamin D

Sardines contain Coenzyme (CoQ10), a nutrient found in the body's cells and believed to have antioxidant and immune system boosting properties.
So we are adding these to our snack list for today. They actually taste pretty good without a cracker. :p

If you are interested, the brand name is "Wild Planet"...ingredients: Sardines, extra v. olive oil, aqueous natural smoke

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Oh, I wanted to add...

I have been worried about making sure Sam gets enough calcium b/c osteo issues run in my family. I found some wild caught sardines at the health food store. They are packed in extra virgin olive oil. (Side of box says they are sustainably caught on the California coast. Excellent source of Omega 3. I am not sure if this is true, but it also says that sardines
provide 3 times more calcium and phosphorus than milk, more than cooked spinach, as much protein as steak, and as much potassium as bananas. They contain 885 mg DHA and 210 mg of Omega 3. They also supply an ample source of vit. B12 and vitamin D

Sardines contain Coenzyme (CoQ10), a nutrient found in the body's cells and believed to have antioxidant and immune system boosting properties.
So we are adding these to our snack list for today. They actually taste pretty good without a cracker. :p

If you are interested, the brand name is "Wild Planet"...ingredients: Sardines, extra v. olive oil, aqueous natural smoke
I think its because you are eating the bones as well :idunno

Also, its magnesium you want to worry about, more then calcium.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
My cracker substitute is sliced jicama. All the crunch, none of the grains :D