Growing Sweet Potatoes? * OUTRAGE....or not*

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
chickenone said:
I find it ridiculous that people can easily find cocaine, weed, and ecstasy but they can't buy sweet potato slips.

There is something seriously wrong with this picture.
I agree! Jeesh! Some crazy RICH farmer....paid off the gov. again!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
From what I found it has to do with a quarantine program they have in place.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
You're correct, at lot are in place for good reason - but its still something I find ironic humor in, like restrictions that are different in adjacent political boundaries. Folks on one side have a certain restriction, and their next door neighbor doesn't. Some imaginary line is the determining factor.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
CHiP officer: So, is there anything you'd like to tell me about before I call the K-9 officer over to your vehicle....
motorist: nope.........well....THOSE AREN'T MY SLIPS! I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT IN HERE!!!!!
You're on a roll tonight, Jamie!! :lol:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wifezilla said:
You're correct, at lot are in place for good reason - but its still something I find ironic humor in, like restrictions that are different in adjacent political boundaries. Folks on one side have a certain restriction, and their next door neighbor doesn't. Some imaginary line is the determining factor.
I wonder if they require a state border boundary line too?
Or do they keep all the farms more towards the seaside?
Are the bees checked for sweet potato pollen at the border?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
Oh, I'm sure that darn ol' blight knows to stop at the CA border. :rolleyes: :lol:
Like the emerald ash borer here in Ohio. In side the "zone" there were restrictions on movement of firewood in certain counties, like the moths were going stop at the county line.

Yes, I know these zones were set up with "buffer", but the point is still true. :D

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
FarmerJamie said:
Wifezilla said:
I wonder if they require a state border boundary line too?
Or do they keep all the farms more towards the seaside?
Are the bees checked for sweet potato pollen at the border?
Actually California does have border sites to check for fruits, vegis, firewood.. Ect.. You cant even be eatting an apple while crossing the border. They make you pull over and eat it. Or they dispose of it.

I live in Oregon, right by the Cali border. We go into cali all the time to buy Cigs for DH. They are cheaper at the reservation. And the check station is open 24 hours a day.