hair care?

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You can use coconut oil in homemade soap as well can't you? I'd thought about getting into soap making to put with my candles, but, I'm not sure if I want to do it or not.

I will check it out tho! Thanks for the heads up... and I hope to have no horribly gone wrong funny stories to tell with my hair... :lol: ;)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
I am a HORRIBLE worry wart... I'm not in the slightest bit offended. :lol:

Usually when I try something new I want to make sure that I'm doing it right.... then after a few tries I either decide that what I'm doing is either wrong or right, and how I can fix or improve on it if I want to continue doing it.

But on THIS occasion... LOL I simply didn't know if was diluting the soda too much because I had seen some say that they rub the paste in... mine totally wasn't paste... LOL

Now that my hair is more dry, it is a tiny bit oily, but not terribly so. It's super soft and my natural curl seems to have come out in full force! I can't really tell if it's shinier, but I'll ask the hubsters when he comes home. It looks really great! So... I must have done something right! :weee ;)
:thumbsup

I found, when I started using the baking soda and ACV that my hair felt so much nicer, and you're right, the natural curl really seems to like the process. I used to use conditioner at every wash, thinking that I couldn't handle the tangles without it, and now I hardly ever use it.

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband said he really liked the look of the curls and how they bounce.

I didn't figure that I would be able to get my fingers thru it when I got out of the bath... and I was seriously surprised when they went right thru!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I had a similar response. The snarls were just gone. My hair is so long that the weight is actually pulling the curl out now. Which is a good thing and a bad thing.
I'm actually exploring lotion bars, I think I'd rather do that before I'd do soap... though the felted soap looks like a lot of fun!!! (Now where did that link go.......)

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is really cool!!! I may have to make some of that for my kids!! LOL Does the felt last the entire bar?

nachoqtpie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yes... this has to happen... LOL
My kids use bar soap and then either don't use a wash cloth or use the same one over and over and over and over... I picked one up from their bathroom the other day and I SWEAR it could have got up and walked itself to the laundry room!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
The wool is actually a good thing because wool has natural antimicrobial properties, so the soap doesn't get icky.
And you can have the kids help out with the project too :)

I have some yarn from the Brown Sheep Company, I think it is called, and that should work really well, and you should be able to get it in most yarn shops, that is if you don't want to buy roving or have a source for roving.

Latest posts