Heart Health / Diet Question(s) - Update Pg 7

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, there's also a heap of us who've nearly been killed by the "experience" of doctors.

As for abi's post - it's says HYPOTHETICALLY. Not, "You should just stop taking meds."

It pays to be aware of your health, and to bring questions to your doctor. Blind faith in anything is a good way to get killed.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I think that is where you are misunderstanding. (I don't mean you, Abifae and wifezilla, my post showed up as the same time as yours).

No one is saying they know more than doctors. Can we not discuss things we learn on the internet with our doctors? I think that is more what abifae was suggesting, not throwing out her medications without any guidance.

Doctors do train for decades on how to treat people. However diet is often ignored and plays a big part in many illnesses. Her friends here are just bringing up an issue that could help her and know her well enough to realize she will not do things haphazardly.

We are so used to seeing advice with "disclaimers"....I think what you are seeing here is that......no disclaimers. That is what happens when you are not constantly worrying about being sued like doctors are.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Doesn't modern medicine make a pill for people who see things that aren't there?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
No one is saying they know more than doctors. Can we not discuss things we learn on the internet with our doctors? I think that is more what abifae was suggesting, not throwing out her medications without any guidance.
Exactly :)

Bailey'sMom

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
wow. Tough crowd. Not a lot of room for people who might see things a little differently, I see. I guess I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on or try to find a friendlier forum.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Bailey'sMom said:
wow. Tough crowd. Not a lot of room for people who might see things a little differently, I see. I guess I will keep my thoughts to myself from now on or try to find a friendlier forum.
The trouble is the way you are responding to everyone's posts in a very curt argumentative way. Rather than offering your two cents and the letting everyone else throw in their two cents....you are trying to control everyone elses response because it doesn't fit your very narrow view.
You are not the OP, if you do not like what is being said simply direct her to her Dr and move on, you do not have to be here to argue every point Tort knows full well they type of info she would get here by posting this diet question to this crowd....she is searching for non traditional information and POTENTIAL solutions.

This is not the first thread where you have acted like a thorn rather than a rose.....why don't you try being a rose for a while and see how well you may fit in and enjoy our friendly nature? You really have not given anyone here a chance...... you are too quick jumping on everyone.

Btw...there is nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts, but if you also need to at least be willing to think about what we have said as a collective group and perhaps ask your self if there are some other interesting options.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Dace said:
Btw...there is nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts, but if you also need to at least be willing to think about what we have said as a collective group and perhaps ask your self if there are some other interesting options.
:thumbsup

The best thing about this group is the variation in opinion.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
So you are on a full cocktail...hmmm....

Did they start you off on a cocktail or did they start with one, add more and add more?
Started with one on a low dose, everytime I get stressed out (good or bad) I go off the deep end and get higher doses or more added.

I was off medication and doing fine for about a month last spring, until one of my dogs had to be euthanized for aggression. I went off the deep end - 2 months of depression. Got started back on meds. Went on vacation, got engaged, and I had a major issue from that. Finally got stable and applied for a job, got the job, promptly lost the job. Took months to get stable again, applied for a job...

:gig

I started at 100 mg Lamictal a year ago. Went off that, and then started from 25 mg Lamictal and have worked up to where I am now.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Tortoise,
There are several dietary things that may help a bunch, one of them being getting on fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil.
At the very least, they will go a long ways in protecting your heart, but it is very possible for them to allow you to lower dosage as well.
I have a couple of links for you, and will be back with them in a bit.
What is high vitamin butter oil? I've never heard of it!